Operations Manager At Resource Intermediaries Limited
A company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services. The conceptual definition of the company is “easing your business burdens”, which is the fundamental reason for our existence. In living this definition, we focus on three key areas; Human Resource Recruitment & Management, Janitorial Services and Business Support Services (Legal and Company Secretarial Services, Information Technology and Finance & Accounting).
Our client in the shipping industry requires the services of an Operations Manager in Kano. Candidates with the requirements below should apply and upload CV/resume.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Understanding of and experience in management and operations of container inland terminals/depots
- High degree of assertiveness across cultural and educational diversity
- Broad experience with structured approach to customer relationship management and business development
- Understanding of local labor law and industrial relations
- Insight in HSSE Legislation and practices
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of marine terminal operations, the shipping and logistics management industry.
- Extensive managerial and leadership knowledge, applying best practices to all sections of the business.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
- Proven track record of achieving high level of terminal productivity and other relevant success criteria.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion
- Proven direct business development or sales experience in transportation, logistics, terminals or related industry.
- Proven management experience from the terminal or shipping industry or alternatively related industry within transport or supply chain management.
- Detailed understanding of the various links with other functional areas.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills on all levels.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization and key stakeholders
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Trustworthy, ambitious and able to work highly independently
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and promote a team
- The position requires a professional Manager with industry knowledge through functional/general expertise in Business Development and associated functions for at least 5years.
- Minimum college degree in business, marketing or related discipline. Masters degree in business administration will be preferable.