Operations Manager Need At A Group Of Companies
We are a Group of Companies engaged in the Manufacturing, Production, Trade, Importation and Hospitality sectors of the economy. We are looking to recruit qualified personnel for a wholly indigenous company engaged in the manufacture and production of commercial steel related products including mild steel pipes, galvanized pipes, wire gauze, welded mesh and barbed wire. Our company has set up an ultramodern factory located in Agbara. Ogun State, fully equipped with automated plants and equipment to produce high quality steel products using the best international Health, Safety and Quality Control practices.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage overall operations and day to day management of the factory by offering technical and commercial leadership;
- Oversee all aspects of production, factory management including manpower & material planning, process optimization and adoption of industry best practices.
- Prepare five-year long-term strategic plan and be responsible for achieving top and bottom lines as well as growth set by the executive management
- Prepare proposals including profit projections, risk analysis and risk avoidance recommendations.
- Conduct periodical production review meetings, prepare MIS & performance report for executive management.
- Implement factory maintenance program covering preventive, shut down & predictive maintenance of all factory equipment and machineries to achieve maximum utilization of production capacities.
- Propose improvement schemes for enhancing current production processes, control wastes, minimize reworks & defects and maintain high quality standards as demanded by the clients.
- Drive cross-functional teams to implement continuous improvement projects in Continuous Improvement manufacturing and appropriate quality standards/certifications.
- Supervise the timely and accurate reporting of labor and production data. Monitor labor and expense budgets and institute necessary cost controls to meet company’s profit goal.
- Standardize an appropriate organizational structure for the factory to enhance efficiency and develop roles and responsibilities for all employees in conjunction with the Human Resources Department
- To interact and engage with external parties/ customers in order to enhance the reputation of the company and facilitate the growth of the business
- Other related duties as assigned by the Managing Director/CEO.
- Possess technical proficiency as well as a business acumen & commercial judgment.
- Strategic mind-set& long term vision capabilities.
- Capable of problem solving, decision making and failure analysis.
- A self-motivated leader& a team player.
- Must be abreast with modern production technology and new developments in the industry.
- Exceptional inter-personal & communication skills (both verbal & written), including negotiating, persuasive and presentation skills
- Excellent marketing skills and business sense for achieving results
- Practical application Operations Strategic Management and Finance in the day to day business.
Qualification and Experience
- BSC/HND or B.Techin Engineering or Production
- 5-10 years’ experience along-with a proven managerial ability in business
- Knowledge and experience in the steel manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Additional education may include specialized trainings, professional certifications, workshops and seminars relevant to the industry
- Vast experience in Operational Management, Sales and Marketing
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their covering letter, CVs and passport photographs to: [email protected]