Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major Catering company active in all Catering and related Hospitality segments: Airline Catering, Buy-on-Board, Duty-free on Board, Contract Catering, Remote Site and Support Services, Rail Catering, Airport and Motorway Retail Concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pastry Chef
- Ensure that all meals are produced in accordance with menu specification good cost control and with minimal waste
- Monitor and ensures that work is done to specifications to avoid re-work
- Ensure safe kitchen practices are in accordance with company safety regulation.
- Establish and control standards of bakery items and procedures in preparation
- Ensure that all norms, procedures, policies, documentation logs pertaining to HSE / HACCP company standards are followed and records maintained.
- Control, direct and co-ordinate team for maximum team effectiveness. and efficiency
- Prepare staff rota to meet the production plan/production demand.
- Monitor the meal preparation process and execute on the job training for subordinates.
- Ensure proper maintenance of kitchen equipment, report faults and ensure plans for replacement are undertaken.
- Suggest creative dishes and assist during menu presentations as may be required
- Minimum seven years’ experience with the last three years as Head Baker/Pastry Chef
- Excellent pastry skills and knowledge of cross cultural dishes
- Good command of English written and spoken
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply