Plant Chemist Via Best Search Recruitment
To analyze and monitor the chemistry of the raw materials, fuels and final product chemistry. To ensure the calibration of all critical quality control equipment, XRF, XRD, Cross Belt Analyzers.
To work with the quality manager and Process manager to determine the optimum raw mix chemistry to deliver the most efficient production of product to the required quality standards.
Carry out investigations and analysis into quality or process issues and advise on corrective measures
Duties and Responsibilities
•To ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety Health and Environment Standards.
• To maintain high standards of housekeeping in the laboratory and sampling stations throughout the cement factory.
• To use the laboratory chemicals in line with the manufacturer’s instructions and company procedures for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health.
• Liaise with quarry operations to monitor mining plan, to test quarry samples and maintain chemistry chart for quarry areas to indicate potential raw material issues.
• Carry out cross check sample testing for Cross Belt Analyzers.
• Responsible for the calibration of CBA’s and Source Changes.
• Authorized/responsible person for radioactive sources to be managed in accordance with local and international standards.
• Carryout running calibration checks on analysis equipment such as XRF XRD.
• Verify the accuracy of samplers, and sample taking and sample preparation and testing by the quality technicians
• Carry out analysis of final products, developing predictive models for cement properties such as 7 and 28day strengths.
• Carry out detailed Chemical analysis for (LOI, free lime, Insoluble residue, chloride content, free silica, total carbonates ,ferric oxide content, sulfates)
• Responsible for benchmark samples (competitors).
• Prepare chemical and physical reports.
• Ensure that all activities are handled in line with safety regulations.
Degree level or equivalent.
Knowledge and specific Experience
• Min 5 years of experience in the same field.
• Detailed knowledge of cement chemistry
• Quality/laboratory management within the cement industry min 5 years.
• Experience and understanding of the cement quality standards.
• Implementation and maintenance of ISO 9001
• Involvement in Continuous Improvement techniques.
• Experienced in the operation and calibration of XRF and XRD Analyzers
• Experience of all physical testing requirements for cement
Interpersonal & Management Skills
• Communication skills.
• Decision making.