Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organisation. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. PUI relies on 30 years of field experience in 50 countries in crisis, as well as on the complementarity of its medical and non-medical expertise, to adapt its programs to each context and to the real needs of the most vulnerable populations. The association leads in average 250 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 3 million people in 20 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus and Europe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assessment Officer
Job ID: #1280791
Premiere Urgence Internationale positioning:
- In light with the humanitarian situation described above, Premiere Urgence Internationale is launching an exploratory mission in Nigeria to further assess the needs.
- Considering the security context, Premiere Urgence Internationale has externalized the security analysis to OS Consulting.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Representative for Nigeria , the Assessment Officer main objectives are the following:
- To lead the technical aspects of the assessments in the different IDPs sites and host communities
- To contribute to the building of a relevant picture of the humanitarian needs and linked gaps in the country
- To contribute to the design of appropriate interventions (Concept Notes)
- To contribute to the drafting of an assessment report
- Support the country representative in identifying areas / populations / sectors of concern in terms of humanitarian needs and gaps in coverage
- Lead the technical design / fine tuning of the assessment tools to be used in collaboration with the Country Representative. Make sure that the tools used are in coherence with PUI standard tools.
- Support the country representative in the drafting of a summarized, action oriented, needs’ assessment report.
- Support the country representative in the design of appropriate emergency interventions in relevance to the needs and gaps identified (drafting of concept notes / proposals…)
- In compliance with the frame set by the country representative, respect and (when relevant) enforce, the security protocoles defined, the logistics frames and the financial procedures of PUI
- Lead the multisectorial assessment (central and field level information and data collection, analysis…). If requested by the country representative engage into assessment components of other sectors like shelter, NFI, food security….
- By delegation from the country representative, interact with external stakeholders in terms of programs, technical aspects…
Experiences and Training
- Project management
- 2 years of humanitarian experience in project management
- Experience in Nigeria (desirable)
- Excellent data collection / analysis skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Previous experience in assessment / exploratory missions
- Experience in security sensitive areas
- Experience with PUI (desirable)
- English mandatory
- Hausa desirable
- Trustworthiness and a sense of responsibility
- Charisma and strong advocacy skills
- Ability to use authority, when necessary
- General ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances
- Ability to work in unstable circumstances.
- Ability to work with minimalistic comfort and limited support resources
- Analysis and synthesis abilities (discenrment, pragmatism)
- Ability to adapt
- Organisational skills, ability to be thorough and respect due dates
- Strong listening and negotiation skills
- Good people and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract (3 to 4 weeks)
- Monthly gross income: from 1,970 up to 2,310 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Resume and Cover letter) to Alexandre Darcas, Recruitment & Careers Manager via: [email protected] using the subject: “Assessment Officer – Nigeria”
Application Deadline 31st December, 2015.