Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
Logistics Platform Deputy Program Manager
- To address logistics needs of humanitarian actors working in North-East Nigeria, PUI is providing partners with a logistic platform.
- Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Platform Program Manager, the Logistics Platform Deputy Program Manager is responsible for the qualitative and timely management of the Logistics Platform project in Maiduguri.
- The Logistics Platform delivers free of charge services to the Humanitarian Community of Borno State, namely: temporary storage of cargo, dispatch of cargo to Maiduguri heliport, repacking of kits, logistics trainings
- Under the supervision of: Logistics Platform Program Manager
- Supervision of: Logistics Platform team (Head of storekeeper, Cargo Assistant, Warehouse officer, storekeepers, cargo handler and daily workers)
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Programs: He/She is responsible for the activities (receipt, storage, and dispatch) in compliance with the procedures and logistical tools.
- Human Resources: He/She will manage the Logistics Platform team (PUI employees and any daily workers).
- Logistics and Administration: He/She will take part in the management of the logistic and administrative aspects of the project
- Representation: He/She will represent the association to local partners and authorities.
- Safety and Security: He/She will assist in following safety and security rules on-base and will transmit all safety and security information to his/her supervisor.
Specific objectives and linked activities:
- Ensure the implementation and the monitoring of Logistics Platform project:
- He/She organizes schedules and coordinates the Logistics Platform activities and the team’s work on a weekly basis.
- He/she monitors closely the implementation of activities
- He/she ensures the timely implementation of the project(s).
- He/she shares about the work progress with the Program Manager on a daily basis or when needed.
- He/she actively takes part in the monitoring of the results achievements and indicators as per indicated in the logical framework.
- He/she ensures that all project(s) documents are correctly filled and filed.
- He/She Give an expertise and contribute to the improvement of activities through critics, analysis and suggestions.
- He/She participates in the needs assessments in collaboration with the Program Manager to develop other projects and takes part in the definition of new program’s strategy and proposal writing.
Manage the operational team:
- He/she participates to the recruitment process of the Logistics Platform team members under his supervision.
- He/she ensures the administrative HR management of his/her team (daily attendance, leaves management) in collaboration with the HR department.
- He/she ensures that his/her team complies with PUI internal rules
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, he/she ensures a regular evaluation process for his/her team with definition and follow-up of clear objectives
- He/she supports his/her team in building their capacities (Day to day sharing of knowledge and experience, organize training sessions for the Supervisors and Field Officers, develop any pedagogical and methodological tools adapted to the local context…)
- He/she ensures a good communication, coordination and information level within the team through regular coordination meetings, formal reporting (or other if needed).
Manage the logistical and financial aspects of the project:
- He/she defines the needs in materials and tools regarding the project and activities
- He/she ensures the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools used by his/her team.
- He/she manages the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with logistics department.
- He/she takes part in the financial follow-up of the project with the Program Manager.
- He/she contributes to the management of the cash forecast of the project in link with the Program Manager.
Represent PUI and ensure proper reporting:
- He/she participates in the different working groups and meetings related to his/her field of work.
- He/she ensures representation of PUI among partners, donors and different authorities for the areas which he/she is responsible for.
- He/she provides weekly and monthly internal reporting on activities according to PUI internal tools.
- He/she takes part in external reporting according to the needs (reports to local authorities, donors) in coordination with the Program Manager.
- Report immediately any delay, problem or other relevant information to the Program Manager.
Follows and implement safety and security rules:
- He/she actively contributes to the security analysis in the field and ensures that all measures have been taken and rules followed to ensure security on-site.
- He/she complies with PUI security and safety rules and ensures that the Logistic Platform team understands and complies with them.
- He/she analyses the security situation in the area and inform the Program Manager in case of security incidents, rumours or any security information.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
- Fluent in English and Hausa
- University degree in logistics or another relevant field
- At least 1year experience in the logistics field
- Previous experience in an international NGO is a strong asset
- Experience of team supervision is a strong asset
- Proficient knowledge of the MS Office software with a focus in Excel
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Capacity to work with a wide range of stakeholders, diplomatic and open-minded
- Good management skills and capacities to organize team work
- Ability to analyse and suggest improvement
- Ability to organize and manage priorities
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Ability to manage stress and pressure
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
Interested candidates should submit copies of the following documents only:
- Updated CV
- Letter of motivation
- National ID card
- Reference contacts
- The position must be clearly indicated on the subject of the mail.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
Deadline: 17 November, 2017