Principal Drilling Engineer – Optimisation and Planning
12 months renewable.
Leap29 are currently working with an operator in Nigeria who require a Principal Drilling Engineer (Optimisation and Planning). The position requires the candidate to review well engineering planning, the drilling process and completion activities.
The role will allow the applicant to work for an operator within Nigeria and allow the candidate to play an integral part in the project. If you are searching for an exciting new opportunity and think you have the relevant experience as listed below please apply accordingly.
Responsibilities of the Principal Drilling Engineer:
• Required to review and revise databases, particularly the reporting data base IDS ensuring data is accurately and correctly organised ready for use and easy to access.
• Required to conduct a monthly review of the technical work plan to optimise well delivery and minimise the costs.
• Require to carry out preliminary well planning at the project identification and evaluation stages.
• Required on a weekly basis to ensure the compilation of each team’s performance data and present feedback to the operation as means of encouraging performance improvements.
• Required to review and remain up to date with the company/statutory guidelines for drilling, completion and testing operations. Ensure drilling teams are aware of any changes and monitor compliance with same.
Qualifications of the Principal Drilling Engineer:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering.
• Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers. Member IADC. Attended industry courses in well engineering, well operations management, project management.
• Good technical knowledge of well planning and operations. Ability to analyse well operations and determine areas requiring improvement.
• Resourceful, self starter with the imagination and initiative to improve well operations.
• Team leader with presentation and organisational capabilities, able to coordinate and facilitate meetings.
If the position is of interest please contact Nicole Mellor at Leap29 for further information on the role.