Principal Drilling Engineer needed At WTS Energy
Job description Principal Drilling Engineer – Planning
- Lead a team of drilling / completion and well test engineers in planning and supporting the safe and efficient delivery of development and appraisal wells for a new project in water-depths between 200ft and 700ft, offshore Nigeria.
- Operations involve the following special challenges:
- High angle / extended reach drilling from platforms in various water depths with the potential for some subsea wells,
- Casing cementations (long cement columns)
- Drilling normally pressured, depleted and potentially overpressured reservoirs
- Interaction with other departments (G&G, Engineering / Construction)
- Split reporting lines
- Third party staff, service and equipment quality
- Complex supply chain and logistics
Requirements Principal Drilling Engineer – Planning
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience, of which at least 5 in a similar position.
- Extensive experience involving platform / jack-up operations, knowledge of semi’s and onshore operations would be beneficial.
- Previous Nigerian / West African experience is advantageous.
- Technical / engineering qualification required.
- IWCF sub sea well control at supervisory level or equivalent.
- Exemplary HSE leadership.
- Strong drive for continuous performance improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of leading effectively in a multi-cultural society.
- Team leadership capabilities
- Completion and testing experience
- Able to work under sustained high workload, meet tight deadlines yet still deliver quality work
- Competency with drilling engineering software
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processors and presentation software.
- Excellent knowledge of drilling engineering and international industry standards, ideally acquired while working for a large international operator.
- Good organisation and project management skills, ensuring efficient application of the company’s well delivery and commercial processes.
- Contracts and contractor management.
Terms & Conditions Principal Drilling Engineer – Planning
- Contract: 1 year, renewable based on performance
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Rotation: 28/28
Client is international exploration and production company.