Greatview Nigeria Limited offers design, construction, maintenance, and repair services to the marine construction industry. The company focuses on civil marine projects including marine transportation facility, breakwaters, bridges and causeways, and pipelines such as velocity control structures for nuclear power plants, concrete and steel effluent discharge outfall pipelines for wastewater treatment plants, and plastic pipelines for communication services.
The following job vacancy exist:
Job Title: Procurement & Commissioning
Responsible To: Procurement Manager
- · To provide a professional compliant procurement process for allocated User stakeholders within BCC which achieves value for money and high stakeholder satisfaction.
- · To deliver outcomes and objectives as agreed with the Procurement Manager, including those contained within the Service Plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- · Identify, negotiate and implement contract & framework agreements which result inefficiencies in line with financial and forecasting requirements.
- · Maintain accurate auditable records of all procurement process which result in high process compliance.
- · Plan and engage with Service Managers to understand contract specifications and with suppliers to develop a profile of delivery capability which results in effective market engagement.
- · Build into contract & framework developments, BCC’s sustainable procurement obligations and preferences including assurance of procurement authority level adherence which result in stakeholder satisfaction of procurement services.
- · Conduct efficient and collaborative procurements which are corporately compliant (advice, tendering, evaluation award & contract management) and which result in a high value adding commercial outcome.
- · Build supplier, category and market understanding through performance management, research and stakeholder briefings which result in the management of commercial issues throughout the commissioning and procurement cycle.
- · Prepare timely and accurate management information covering aspects of stakeholder engagement in the procurement process lifecycle which result in effective performance management and delivery of required outcomes.
- · Actively engage in continuous professional development.
Other Duties and responsibilities
- · To be aware of the Council’s aims, organizational values and behaviors and their impact on this post.
- · To participate in the Council’s performance management processes.
- · To carry out the duties of the post in accordance with the Council’s diversity policy.
- · To carry out all duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for the health and safety of you and any other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate fully with the County Council in health and safety matters.
This job description will be supplemented by annual target based outcomes, which will be developed in conjunction with the post holder. It will be subject to regular review and the Council reserves the right to amend or add to the duties listed.
- · CIPS membership or other professional qualification or equivalent commercial experience equivalent
- · A recognized graduate degree
Knowledge and Skills:
- · Good understanding of European Procurement Law implementing purchase contracts and supply agreements
- · Some knowledge of current legislation within specific category areas and its impact on market management, finance and contractual arrangements
- · An understanding of Outsourcing, PFI/PPP and Best Value.
- · Some knowledge of external commercial developments and emerging best practice
- · Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- · An understanding of public sector compliance rules and seen as source of advice on compliance options and risks of non-compliance
- · Effective Project management skills
- · Recent proven experience in a procurement function involved in high risk, high value, complex works, services and supplies covering a range of commodities.
- · A proven record in establishing contracts/specifications through excellent attention to detail demonstrated through strong analytical skills.
- · Experience in preparing, reviewing and agreeing technical terms and conditions and/or commercial schedules.
- · Experience in contract/purchase order management and administration. Proven experience in using office support systems (e.g. SAP).
- · A proven track record of success in:
- o Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative
- o Influencing others both internally and externally up to Head of Service level through presentations, negotiations, written reports with high degree of tact and diplomacy
- o Excellent IT skills.
- o Contract & Supplier relationship management
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualify candidate should forward application including cv to [email protected]
APPLICATION DEADLINE 08/02/2016