Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Procurement Consultant
Job Location: Abuja
- During the deployments, the Procurement Consultant will be line managed by the Head of Logistics with a support line provided by the Abuja Procurement team and Operations Coordinator.
- The Procurement Consultant will be responsible for managing Procurement processes to ensure effective, transparent and accountable support to the Save the Children programs in the Country Office and states where we work.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Logistics, ensure adequate consideration for coordination of supply deliveries and planning of program implementation.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to program/support teams on procurement of goods and services and on best procurement practices.
- Anticipate procurement bottlenecks and resolve them ahead of issues.
- Lead the signature of relevant FWAs
- Include the relevant suppliers into the Pre-qualified supplier’s list
- Lead suppliers visits, due diligence and vetting
- Set up Procurement Committee amongst provided list of staff
- Opening of Bids/offers according to local priorities (Categories that are urgently required by the Program)
- Lead Procurement committee meetings in identifying the best offers for each category by using SCI tools and templates and in line with SCI requirement. In some instances more than one supplier per lot needs to be identified
- 60% of FWAs amongst the one advertised are signed
- 40% of FWAs amongst the one advertised are ready to be signed with a follow up by the Procurement team
- Pre-qualified supplier’s list is completed with relevant suppliers/Companies originating from the above exercise
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrate leadership and integrity.
- Strong ethical standards, motivated to promote effective, efficient and transparent procurement function.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Previous experience in Procurement Contracting is essential for this role;
- Problem-solving ability (Proven analytical skills in isolating priorities and tackling them);
- Capacity to maintain documentation and archiving system transparent;
- Relevant Degree and Post-Graduate qualifications
- Demonstrated minimum of 5 years’ experience in logistics management and especially in procurement in the INGO sector
- Experienced in running complex procurement procedures and in contract negotiation
- Experienced in running market surveys and market analysis
- Previous experience with humanitarian assistance and / or with international organizations in Nigeria and/or the region;
- Very good computer skills, especially on Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work in an multicultural environment, to communicate clearly and work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently, sense of responsibility;
- Commitment to the values and principles of SCI;
- Ability to pay support visits on the field in isolated areas;
- Fluent in English
Application Closes on 27th February, 2018