Product Line Analyst Job vacancy At Weatherford – Oil & Gas
Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention. The Company’s range of production-enabling technologies include evaluation services, directional drilling services, controlled pressure drilling (CPD®) systems, cased hole completion systems, expandable technologies, intelligent completion technologies, production optimization systems and all major forms of artificial lift.
Product line Analyst
Job Title: PL Analyst
Job Location: Nigeria Port Harcourt
Business Unit: Business Support Service- Finance
This position is responsible for the maintenance of general ledger
Accounts for assigned product lines. This position is accountable for the timely preparation of monthly journal entries and the reconciliation of the accounts and related schedules for assigned product lines.
- Maintain monthly general ledger, including accruals schedules for assigned product lines in line with GAAP to ensure smooth Month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing.
- Monthly analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts, reporting any variances, wrongly captured costs to the Finance Manager, Financial Controller and Product Line Managers.
- Prepare & input journal entries (monthly, adjusting, recurring)
- Prepare Quarterly balance sheet and P&L Fluctuation Analysis
- Prepare Monthly expense variance analysis reports for assigned product lines
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance with SOx and internal policies.
- Interfacing with Product Line Managers and explaining the product line P&L to them and answering their queries.
- Prepare audit working papers for assigned Product lines during external/internal audits
- Assist in special projects
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager or the Finance Controller
B. Sc Accounting
Professional qualifications progression will be an added advantage
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS/COMPETENCE
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong technical accounting background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Strong understanding of the accounting cycle.
- Intermediate level of Excel and Word skills.
- Good computer knowledge and excel proficiency
- Head and heart focused on the job
See more vacancies at Weatherford here