Andela distributes opportunity by powering today’s teams and investing in tomorrow’s leaders. Based in Lagos, NYC, Nairobi, SF, and Kampala, Andela is catalysing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela’s Professional Development unit is designed to support Developers who plan to launch companies, join startups, work in larger technology firms, or pursue a degree after Andela, with learning experiences that prepare them for fruitful and impactful careers.
Professional Development Manager
About the Professional Development Manager Role
The Professional Development Manager is equal parts network builder, librarian, career coach, and technology leadership advocate. You will manage the operations of Andela’s Personal and Professional Development services, having your finger on the pulse of every resource, opportunity, and mentor available to accelerate the growth of Andela Developers. You will constantly grow and nurture Andela’s network of professional development resources, individuals, events and opportunities.
You will measure, track and manage the growth of a new function within a fast-growing startup environment.
To be truly successful in this role, you would need to hold the deep belief that anything is possible with our powers combined — and be passionate about making sure the right combination of resources and human capital are always exposed to one another.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Relationship Management
- Manage, maintain, and grow the network of resources (personal branding experts, CV coaches, technical interview coaches, ethical leadership thought leaders, Andela experts & resources) available to Andela Developers
- Manage event planning and logistics for Andela-hosted and Externally-hosted workshops
- Content Management
- Build library of canonical content (e.g. books, videos, presentations) for Technology Leadership
- Program Management
- Create and execute professional development programs for Developers seeking employment, entrepreneurial, and academic opportunities
- Create consistent documentation and data-capture to measure, track, and iterate on the programs
- Proactively remain up to date with every Andela Developer to quickly identify where they are struggling, and connect them with the right resources to support them
- Platform Management
- Create scalable platforms, processes and systems that enable the programs to quickly and effectively scale from few people to tens, hundreds and eventually thousands of people
Key Attributes & Qualifications
You’re already looking like a Professional Development Manager if you:
- Have a passion for and experience in the world of professional development:
- Career coaching
- Professional Development facilitation
- Leadership training
- Coaching network management
- Have a technology industry background
- Have strong and healthy opinions on what good technology leadership looks like
- Quickly build relationships, and continually strengthen them over time through consistency and trust
- Are adept at quickly identifying resource gaps and directing people to the right sources
- Are a natural communicator and networker who backs up their work with precision and structure (tracking resources, ensuring resources are growing, carefully maintaining relationships & commitments)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Andela career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply