Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm based in Washington, D.C (www.chemonics.com), seeks qualified candidates for both professional and support positions for a five-year agricultural value-chain development project funded by the U .S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The position will be based in Abuja. Any successful candidates will possess the following:
- The Project Accountant is responsible providing effective financial support to the project assuring compliance with Chemonics and USAID policies and procedures. The scope of the position includes but is sot limited to assisting with entering of local transactions in accounting software, running monthly reports, processing travel advances, processing payroll, reviewing expense reports, monitoring receivables and payables, ensuring compliance within satellite offices, remitting taxes as well as processing wire transfer requests.
Specific Duties of the Project Accountant
- Review local expense reports for compliance with USAID and Federal Travel regulations before reimbursement.
- Coordinate with program and administrative stuff to ensure transactions are properly coded.
- Prepare wire transfer requests.
- Prepare and issue payroll checks for local staff.
- Ensure remittances are made to appropriate authorities.
- Monitor cash balances, prepare advance account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and maintain a good system of records
- Coordination with the bank for information regarding balance account, bank statements, exchange rates, etc.
- Work with the Finance Manager and Finance Assistant to ensure compliance with Chemonics and USAID policies and procedures.
- Prepare other ad-hoc financial reports us maybe required.
- Assist/deputize for the Finance Manager on daily accounting work of the project as needed.
- Produce work products in conformity with the project and clients’ standards.
- Communicate information in sway that demonstrates a basic understanding of development assistance work, project culture, values, and practices, and the specific scope and nature of the project.
- Demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity, and initiative to learn competencies and skills required for the job assignment.
- Contribute to a work environment that emphasizes teamwork, respect for differences, end accepting and giving constructive feedback.
- Other duties unassigned by the Finance Manager.
- Degree in Accounting or Financial Management.
- At least 3-5 years experience in as accounting position.
- Excellent working capabilities with MS Excel, Word and other accounting software packages.
- Knowledge of payroll and tax issues.
- Good interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff, bank and tax officials, USAID Mission personnel and the general development and business community.
- Experience with donors and USAID is preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their full CV detailing all relevant professional experience and achievements, a cover letter detailing qualifications in relation to the position, and three professional references to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please specify “the position” in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted