PROJECT COORDINATOR At MERCY CORPS
Mercy Corps has been working in Nigeria since 2012. With a team of over 25 people, our country programs currently focus on conflict mitigation, economic development, girls’ education, and women and girls’ financial inclusion. Mercy Corps Nigeria is launching a new program, in consortium with other NGOs, aimed at promoting household economic development and financial inclusion.
CONCUR – Conciliation in Nigeria through Community-Based Conflict Management and Cooperative Use of Resources
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Project Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day-project implementation of the peace-building program in the areas of implementation. This iodudes strengthening the capacity of local partners in the areas of peace-building, conflict management, agriculture and livestock management; facilitating clear communication between diverse groups and ensuring rigorous measurement of program impact and timely reporting. The Project Coordinator will also be responsible for ensuring that the project is implemented in an effective and effltient manner. S/he will work closely with the Programme Manager to liaise with local partners and relevant government authorities to ensure the implementation of quality programs in area of operation.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Direct experience with implementing peacebuilding. etonomic development, and/or NATURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT projects in Middle Belt and Northern Nigeria.
- University degree in conflict mitigation, social sciences, international relations or other relevant field preferred.
- MSc preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ relevant professional experience with conflict manaeement, economic development and/or natural resource development programs.
- Knowledge of principles of maintained development.
- Strong facilitation and consensus-building skills.
- Strong understanding of the elements of project management preferably with experience
- managing staff. budget
- Creative and ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking.
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should email their CV and COVER LETTER to: [email protected] with the position applied for as the subject of the email
Deadline: 18th August. 2014.
Note: shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
– See more at: http://www.justjobsng.com/2014/08/project-coordinator-at-mercy-corps#sthash.HqX8ND3M.dpuf