Project Manager At Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium (www.malariaconsortium.org) is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations which is dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria consortium(MC) works with communities, Government and non-Governmental agencies, academic institutions, local and international organisations to ensure good evidence support delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision making and strategic planning.
Malaria Consortium (MC) recently received a grant with focus on bringing Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) to scale in seven countries in the Sahel. Its major responsibility is to implement monthly drug administration to children during malaria transmission period and Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) for prevention and reduction of malaria effect.
Malaria Consortium- Project Manager
The Project Manager will oversee and coordinate all in-country project activities, ensuring consistency with MC framework and core values. The job holder will work closely with the Regional Project Director and the In-Country team to implement project start up, planning and budgeting activities.
Additional key responsibilities will include;
• Liaise with NMCP, Ministry of Health and other key stakeholders carrying out SMC for effective coordination and service delivery;
• Liaise with In-Country Technical Director, Project team and other required stakeholders to develop an effective M&E framework;
• Develop and implement work plans and activities to ensure deliverables are met and achieved at the required time frame;
• Provide support for the development and production of disseminating documents for wider knowledge sharing of Malaria Consortium’s experiences, lessons and successes;
• Interested candidates must have a Post-Graduate degree in Public Health or other related disciple.
• A minimum of 8-years experience with hands-on experience in stakeholder engagement, supply chain management, Project planning and budgeting are required for this position.
• Similar experience in a donor funded environment will be an added advantage.
• Frequent travels outside the Country for technical meetings are required for this position.
METHOD OF APPLICATION Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit a copy of their recent CV using the name of the position as subject of the email to the appropriate address at; [email protected]. All applications must be submitted latest Wednesday, 6th August, 2014.