Project Officer Job At MainOne Cable
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
At MainOne, great ideas and thoughts find a way of becoming great products, services that turn to great customer experiences. We are perfectionists, idealists and pioneers of great products and services forever thinking of better.
We have corporate offices from Nigeria to Ghana to Portugal. International and home opportunities are available.
MainOne is a family. Join in and be a part of the change and the future that will bring about new ways the continent works and connects.
Job Position: Project Officer
Job Title: Project Officer
Reporting Line: Manager, Technical Sales
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The project officer reports directly to the Manager, Technical Sales. She/he must have an understanding of project management methodologies, exposure to PMP or PRINCE2 is an advantage, wireless and terrestrial network experience will be an added advantage. The position is accountable, on-time and on-budget for service delivery.
Specifically, the Project Officer’s responsibiliies include:
- Ensures the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Defines clearly project objective.
- Creates and defends project budgets.
- Coordinate the installation of network equipment at customer premises or at core network nodes.
- Prepares and manages project plans and implementation schedules using MS Project and other suitable software.
- Provides the executives with ad hoc and periodic Project environmental reports specifically to do with project costs, lessons learnt and risks
- Responsible for the implementation of current product portfolio and new products.
- Manage planning and operations teams and external contractors during project execution.
- Co-ordinates the production of all reports and produce project summary reports.
- Hold regular meetings with all stakeholders on project status.
- Produces Project reports for customer and internal consumption.
- Controls the project implementation process
- Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between the project teams and the rest of the organization.
- Develops and maintains the project library, filing, recording and reporting systems.
- Assists in invoicing according to milestone.
- Assists with the preparation of bid documents.
- Assists with equipment ordering and payment of vendor/ contractor invoices.
- Escalates project issues timely.
- Project Management Training for the organizations project team members – specifically around in house processes.
- Assists with contract negotiations with external suppliers.
- Perform regular quality inspections.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- A first degree in Social Sciences or BEng, BSc, BTec, Required.
- 3-5 years post National Service work experience (NYSC is mandatory)
- Must have experience in managing telecom projects.
- At least Three (3) years’ experience in a project management role.
- PMP or Prince2 project management methodology preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite
- Outstanding Process and Systems Documentation
- Must have good knowledge of handling Telecommunication or Engineering projects
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications for financial reporting and project management.
- Highly Organised
- Conflict Resolution
- Highly Organised
- Team Oriented and Leadership
- High Tolerance for Stress
- Problem Management (analysis and resolution)
- Customer Service Orientation
- High level of Integrity
- Demonstrates independent ownership and management of tasks.
- Strong level of professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information
Demand on the job
- Problem solving
- Presentation skills
- Prioritising workload of self and others
- Written and verbal communications
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Time Management Skills
- Relationship Management and Analytical Skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.