Purchase Manager(Buyer) At Adexen Recruitment Agency – Oil&GAS
Adexen is mandated to recruit a buyer for Nigeria.
Our client is an Engineering, Procurement, Installation,Construction, and Management (EPIC-M) Company, with an ISO 9001:2008 Certification. The company is a member of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM), International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) and Pipeline Professionals’ Association of Nigeria (PLAN).
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager Projects, the buyer will ensure effective and efficient management of purchases, source and procure materials and equipment to support company’s alliance project teams.The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Source and procure materials required for alliance projects from the best available source to the specification provided.
- Ensure ROS dates are achieved in line with the project schedule.
- Selection of suppliers who can provide materials and equipment to the quality level specified is high priority.
- Negotiate the best possible price considering ROS and quality required for the project
- Work with Logistics Coordinator to ensure delivery is channeled through qualified freight companies/agencies.
- Observe all government requirements and maximize the local content in accordance with current regulations.
- Prepare purchase orders with the correct terms applicable to the materials or equipment being sourced inclusive of INCO and payment terms.
- Consider the goods being purchased and the possibility of returns of surplus and negotiate the best return agreement.
- Ensure current stock is utilized before sourcing new materials or equipment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Good first degree in a technical discipline or a related qualification
- CIPS or APICS qualification preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of procurement and general specifications within the industry.
- Must have good negotiation skills
- Must have ability to communicate at all levels.
- Must be able to compile and present bid summaries
- Must be proficient in MS Word/Excel
A very attractive offer.