Purchasing Manager Job Opening At Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting is recruiting to fill the position below:
- Responsible for planning, directing and managing purchasing, surplus property and vending services. This position has some involvement in assisting with food services and is responsible for compliance with all statutes, regulations, board policies and procedures pertaining to these areas.
- Manage all aspects of purchasing, providing consistency in carrying out the goals and objectives of the purchasing function; determines need for corrective actions on addressing matters outside normal operating procedures.
- Develop and authorize purchasing policies and procedures to ensure economy and efficient operations; recommend policy changes if appropriate.
- Research, develop, and recommend vendor commodities and services for all personnel; determine supplier products and catalogs used in on-line requisition program; assure lowest total cost, best quality and service are met.
- Administer and authorize on-line purchasing process used by personnel; including approval setup, budget assignment, instruction and assistance on this process; monthly review of items purchased for potential abuse.
- Prepare specifications for the purpose of soliciting bids/proposals from qualified vendors; distribute invitations for bids/proposals, advertise and set bid/proposal opening dates; receive and evaluate bid for successful vendor; maintain file records
- Convert requisitions; issue purchase orders; approve ordering; distribute purchase orders to the appropriate staff.
- Manage open purchase orders, assure timely low cost delivery and receive items in data base; investigate problem receiving when appropriate.
- Organizational vendor contact for credit and procurement cards; including card setup and providing new card user information.
- Advise administration, faculty and staff on board policies for purchasing and surplus, follow policies at all times.
- Cultivate & maintain positive vendor relations to achieve maximum cost savings, optimal performance & quality standards; investigate government or educational contracts & discounts for use in purchases for short & long-term savings objectives
- Develop and maintain budgets for areas of responsibility ensuring spending within approved levels; monitor incoming vending sales.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of department and college policies, procedures, and practices with the ability to answer work related questions; and/or interpret and apply these guidelines correctly in various situations.
- Working knowledge of business, management, or marketing.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and internal control methods, including cash and inventory;
- Considerable knowledge of purchasing practices including best verses lowest price quote, closed bid process, educational and government contracts, total cost of purchase, cost savings of purchases, and public purchasing restrictions.
- Effective interpersonal skills in forming and maintaining effective working relations with vendors, a variety of customers from students to the general public.
- Investigative and analytical skills including searching for products, contracts, vendors or services.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability and establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels.
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements and reports.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to meet the needs and objectives of the College.
- Familiarity with on-line purchasing procedures, Microsoft and database software.
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision making areas.
- Ability to handle confidential material judiciously.
- Ability to travel out-of-state as well as locally to participate in meetings, conferences, and other activities related to the operations of the colleges.
- Availability to work or meet in the evenings and/or on weekends.
Leadership and Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written to work with a diverse workforce and student population to prioritize and delegate projects, exchange ideas, information and opinions effectively with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive at decisions, conclusions or solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Decision-Making and Analytical Skills:
- May be responsible for providing information to those who depend on a service or product.
- Perform advanced professional work methods to formulate important recommendations or make technical decisions that have an organization-wide impact.
- Use office machines such as telephones, fax machines, copiers or calculators.
- Use computers for data entry; word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, or custom applications.
- Working knowledge of Colleague (college’s database system).
- Working Conditions – the following physical conditions and hazards may be encountered in this position:
- Indoor environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The position has no special vision requirements.
Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications
- (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of bachelor’s degree
- 10 years related experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to:email@example.com