QC Inspector Needed At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients including the following:
- Structuring of partnerships and relationships between local companies and foreign/technical partners,
- Assistance with permits, business development and understanding of contracting terms and and conditions, as well as sourcing for human resource personnel,
- providing training/capacity development required to operate within best business practice, even in tough business environments.
• Conduct evaluation & assessment (initial and periodic) of Contractors, Subcontractors & Suppliers Quality Management Systems processes and procedures in accordance with the Client SPS Contract Terms & Conditions, GS Specifications, Exhibit H (and attachments) and Project Surveillance Plan. Preparation and issue of summary reports and CAR’s. Conduct initial and periodic site assessments of Contractor in accordance with Project Surveillance Plan
• Monitor, report and expedite the progress, schedule and delivery of equipment and material within the EGINA SPS Project “Supply Chain” at various Contractor, Subcontractor & Suppliers locations and facilities.
• Ensure the ongoing compilation, availability, compliance and maintenance of project document deliverables and quality records. Monitor, report and expedite the progress, schedule and delivery of “Final Documentation”.
• Conduct inspection visits and assignments in accordance with instructions received from the IWOCS and QA Package Lead and provide summary visit reports.
• Ensure that Contractor, Subcontractor and Supplier organizations perform QC inspection activities in accordance with project requirements, specified acceptance criteria and the contracted scope of work.
• Review, monitor and report the status of inspection and test activities executed by the Project “Supply Chain” Organizations (Contractor, Subcontractor, and Supplier).
• Monitor the performance of the “Supply Chain” organizations in the management, control and reporting of QC processes and testing activities.
• Attend selected critical inspections & tests as directed by IWOCS and QA Package Leads.
• Attend Pre-Production Meetings (PPMs) as necessary to ensure the communication of Client’s QA/QC project requirements.
• Conduct surveillance & review of the preparation of final document deliverable (MRB’s, Mechanical Completion dossiers, Shipping and Transportation).
• Generation and issue of “Inspection Release Note (IRN)” where applicable.
• Review of accompanying documentation to interim certificates for completeness in accordance with Contract Requirements
• Assist the co-ordination of quality issues between “Supply Chain” and Client Project Teams members.
• Follow up NCR / CAR processes as required.
• Provide written for assessments, site visits and progress, weekly and monthly, to IWOCS Package Lead and Package QA Manager.
• Represent COMPANY for all designated surveillance points as detailed within the Inspection Test Plans
• Monitor control materials for conformance to specification requirements and storage and preservation conditions. Ensure adequacy of traceability records
• Verify that materials controls, equipment assembly and test processes are conducted in accordance with Contract and Total General Specifications
• Review of controls integration for completeness, highlighting any shortfalls or materials control issues to Delivery Leader
• Provide daily/weekly input to the QA/QC reporting system, with regards to trends and unresolved exceptions and problems.
• Provide early warning of potential quality problem
• Monitor Non Conformance Reports. Ensure that NCR are effectively tracked and closed by OTHER CONTRACTOR. Identify any trends to Delivery Leader
• Provide expertise to site team to avoid/resolve quality problems.
• Verify that all testing procedures have been approved and are on site. Confirm testing parameters are duly recorded and that testing equipment is calibrated.
• Ensure that Gas Testing is conducted in accordance with specification if applicable
• Review fabrication and build records ensuring that they are consistent with specification, are acceptable and are progressively compiled so as to be available at equipment handover.
• Witness FAT, EFAT and SIT, Perform final quality check prior to acceptance
• Assist in Verification, Monitoring and Close-out of Punch List items;
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The Project is a challenging Contract, both technically and with respect to execution strategy wherein a high quotient of work shall be conducted in-country, from engineering through to construction and test. This requirement is reflected in the Trees Package by the location of the SPS Package Management and Engineering Design teams in Lagos and the requirement to assemble and test 75% of Xtrees in Nigeria.
The SPS Package is, in essence, a “delivery” package with equipment from the SPS Package being installed on or by facilities designed / provided by other Packages. The on-time delivery of SPS equipment is essential to ensure that “receiving” Packages are not adversely impacted. The SPS team’s organization will be structured to reflect the selected Contractor’s organization. Accordingly, the SPS Company team will be aligned into Technical compliance and Equipment delivery; the former will monitor Contractor performance to ensure conformance with the engineering specifications whilst the latter will be tasked with assuring execution of the work is conducted in accordance with Contract objectives and requirements.
• Education: HNC level or above in Engineering discipline or equivalent / IRCA registered auditor
• Qualification: minimum 10 years’ experience in Quality Management Systems in the Oil and Gas Industry, of which 2 years spent in Subsea Production System and recent experience in subsea covering all aspects of engineering, procurement, materials inspection , testing, fabrication and compilation of final documentation.
• Previous experience of Company / Operator Representation during similar type project execution is a distinct advantage
• Clear commitment to QA and HSE
• Mobility: Placement is primarily in Kongsberg, Norway with possible missions at SPS Contractor’s Suppliers and Vendors.
• Language: English fluent