Raw/Packaging Materials Manager Vacancy At GlaxoSmithKline(GSK)
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
GSK is recruiting to fill the position of:
Raw/Packaging Materials Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Experience 5 years
- Job Field>Procurement/Store-Keeping
Minimum Education Qualification>BA/BSc/HND
Ref No: 080414-1
Reporting To: Site Logistics Manager
The jobholder shall have responsibility for controlling and coordinating Materials Planning, Warehouse and Materials distribution activities to ensure the efficient and economical utilization of resources and facilities for the receiving, storage and internal distribution of materials.
- Manage and procure materials for specific value chain in line with MRP and business requirements in the most efficient and cost effective method through planning and continuous improvement activities
- Ensure the Company’s Environment, Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to within the warehouse and that all work is performed in a safe and responsible manner supported by an ongoing safety awareness program.
- Ensure that all warehouse and materials distribution activities including the receiving, testing, storage and issuing of raw materials are carried out in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensure that systems and processes are developed and in place to achieve financial, customer service, inventory and compliance objectives.
- Prepare departmental budgets and develop and maintain all appropriate cost and performance control measures.
- Develop the skills and competencies of all Materials Value Chain staff members enabling a flexible workforce.
- Ensure that all procurement touch points are defined, agreed and process implemented to resolve supplier related issues timeously
- Ensure adherence to the Site Inventory Management Process facilitating the delivery of slow moving, rejected, obsolete, high value, aged and dead stock inventory reduction targets.
- Provide input in developing strategies for inventory on existing items, New Product Introduction and phase-out of materials to ensure minimum stock write-off for NPI’s or artwork changes
- Review historical data including sales/consumption trends, demand drivers, vendor delivery performance, commodity spend within the dedicated Materials Value Chain. Co-ordinate research data to identify variance and share/communicate/report on variances to both site and centralised Planning and Procurement functions
- Develop robust ways of working with internal operational departments including Site Scheduling, QA, Procurement, Technical and Production so that altogether customer demand is able to be produced efficiently and productively and delivered in accordance with the agreed supply plan
- Develop and implement processes to ensure that system transaction and data are reflective of physical material flow.
- Work closely with vendors to deliver in-bound supply chain improvements, vendor certification process & vendor managed inventory opportunities.
- Lead and manage performance and development objectives of the team as part of the PDP process, ensuring that such objectives support functional and business strategy. Continually enhance and build capability within the team.
- Ensures that Materials Value Chain operates in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practice Principles, Quality Management Systems and Environmental Health & Safety requirements
- Minimum five years experience in manufacturing/supply chain logistics.
- Possess a working knowledge and/or hands on experience with Logistics systems and their interfaces: Manugistics, JDE, and BPCS.
- Possess a working knowledge of supply chain support systems: Supply Chain Data Warehouse, Agile, Spirit Inventory Optimization tool.
- Strong logistics competencies in Supply Chain Planning, Performance Monitoring and logistics processes, policies and procedures.
- Resilience to manage multiple and varied business contacts, both internal and external, often with different requirements and goals.
- Good interpersonal skills: networking, influencing, coaching and communication skills demonstrated at all levels in the site.
- Computer literate and understands Supply Chain technology.
- Strong analytical skill and ability to manage multiple data sources and present in a format that drives effective decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build relationships across the business.
- Self-motivated, able to improve performance, confident and resilient.
- Ability to handle information, analyze and make decisions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online.