Education & Learning Manager – Nigeria
ACCA has an exciting opportunity for a highly talented individual to assume ownership for all key university relationships in Nigeria with the target of growing the number of local students and graduates progressing through the ACCA qualification, building awareness of the ACCA brand and value proposition within this key stakeholder group.
As our Education and Learning Manager you will be responsible for developing business and maintaining relationships with Universities and Approved Learning Providers (ALPs). Your main focus will be driving opportunities to develop and implement nation wide plans to grow the number of accredited universities which provide quality tuition. The role will require significant collaboration with universities’ leadership (Deans or Heads of faculties), ALPs, the ACCA Education Team based at central headquarters (CHQ) in London and Head of Education and Development for West Africa.
Key to your success will be the ability to ensure that ACCA’s growth in Nigeria is sustainable. To achieve this you will be accountable for developing ACCA’s reputation and position as a strong qualification of choice to enhance employability. This will be achieved by ensuring increasing brand awareness and recognition of ACCA in Nigeria through engagement with relevant stakeholders such as universities, polytechnics and learning providers to grow the number of ACCA students, and ultimately members, in the market.
This role will rely on your ability to partner with relevant stakeholders, providing advice and guidance to tuition providers wanting to start teaching the ACCA qualification and become ALPs.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Be a qualified accountant, or equivalent, and have substantial relevant work experience in development, promotion and delivery of accountancy training
• Show an awareness of, and interest in, the changing environment of accountancy training and education worldwide
• A solid understanding of the education systems in Nigeria, ideally, within the University landscape
• Possess an innovative and imaginative approach to education and teaching methodologies and issues
• Have proven experience and success in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
• Experience of successfully operating in a B2B professional environment
• Have practical experience of managing projects, preferably within an educational or training environment
• Be able to work under pressure, on own initiative and within agreed budgets
• Be able to demonstrate well developed written and verbal communication skills
About this company
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants. We aim to offer business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
We support our 162,000 members and 428,000 students in 173 countries, helping them to develop successful careers in accounting and business, with the skills needed by employers. ACCA works to achieve and promote the highest professional, ethical and governance standards and advance the public interest.
To apply, please forward a copy of your CV and covering letter (indicating your salary expectations) and explaining why you are suitable for this opportunity.
Close Date: 09 June 2014.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, unfortunately, you have not been selected for interview on this occasion.
DEADLINE :- 9th June 2014