Ashwood Associates – Our client is an international snack food manufacturer who is seeking an experienced Technical Manager to oversee and co-ordinate the transfer of production and manufacturing from the United Kingdom to Nigeria.
Reporting to the Technical Operations Implementation Manager the role holder will have a primary responsibility for the transfer of our clients’ existing product manufacturing processes to the newly formed facility in Nigeria.
In addition, working with the site’s Manufacturing and Engineering teams you will implement NPD and continuous product and process improvements coordinating with other site business functions such as Packaging and Ingredient Technology teams.
- The role holder will be a budget holder and have sign off authority for:-
- Planning and managing trials – in/ out of specification and reject/ release decisions
- Prioritisation of technical resources
- In addition to a local language you must be fluent in the English language (both written and oral) and be Degree educated with your qualification in a food, science, manufacturing or process related field.
- You must have 3yrs+ experience in a food manufacturing/production and working knowledge of HACCP systems and Product Specifications.
- You must have Project Management experience and a Project Management accreditation is highly desirable.
- Successful PRODUCT TRANSFERS and CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
- Conduct process capability assessments of new equipment and processes.
- Co-ordinate and supports a range of process development projects for the site including NPD launches and continuous product and process improvements.
- Provides regular project reviews to the Technical Operations Implementation Manager and Factory Technical Manager.
- Ensures that the correct project management process are followed for all projects
- Prioritise Technical resources required to meet objectives.
- Implements changes to plant design and operation to achieve sustained improvements in process consistency and product compliance.
- Works as part of a multi- functional team with site Technical, Manufacturing, Engineering, Group Technical, NPD, UBI and Procurement to deliver a range of projects.
- Plan, run and report on factory trials.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and develops justifications for capital investment.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety, Care Of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and product specifications at all times during trials.
- Co-ordinates with the site’s Laboratory Technicians to support trials or analyse samples.
- Inputs into the development of product specifications and specification reviews and takes responsibility for new product specifications.
- Attends post-implementation reviews with project teams including Manufacturing, Engineering, Group Technical, NPD, Procurement and Marketing.
- Must be fluent in English in addition to local language.
- English must be written and spoken.
- Technical: 2 to 3 years.
- Manufacturing: 2 to 3 years.
- Experience should preferably be in a FMCG company.
- Experience should preferably be in bakery/snacks/food manufacture.
Skills and Knowledge :
- PC literate including Microsoft Office ( Minitab also a benefit )
- Lean Sigma tools appreciation.
- Basic Food Hygiene.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Working knowledge of HACCP systems and Product Specifications.
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Processes.
- Understanding of Ingredients.
- Manufacturing processes.
- Cross functional understanding and impact.
- Good communications and Interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should email CV to: email@example.com
Deadline :- 20th May 2014