Retail Sales Manager Job vacancy at Guinness
Please see details below:
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity
Purpose of Role:
- To support GNPLC’s business objectives through the effective management of designated sales territory with a focus on high value outlets including implementation of all sales activities/programmes in the retail sales territory
- Responsible for the account management and activation of high value outlets and hypermarkets
- To spot sell to fill sales gaps in the outlets (across the entire portfolio) and to pre-sell
- Ensures achievement of QDVPPP sales drivers for Territory
- Ensures sales out of distributors/market share growth are achieved via monitoring the RRS scheme, excellent execution of promotions. Ensures promotional activity is in the right outlets and well managed. Has to keep and update a database of outlets within the territory.
- Ensures at a minimum, once a quarter reviews of RSE, SR & VSR routes, inclusion of new outlets.
- Manages Recommended Price Compliance in outlets and ensures the retail redistribution standards are adhered to by distributors
- Ensure effective customer/ business development to counter competitive activities in these outlets
Has accountability for POS materials, Chillers, Light signs etc deployed in retail outlets within sales territory
- Use of the Intouch PDA as a tool for monitoring and improving individual Sales Targets, Share of Shelf, Distribution Targets & Call Targets.
- Ensuring that correct and up to date Customer details, Contacts, Outlet Types, Outlet Segmentation and Call Frequencies are gotten and sent to the Intouch Team for the purpose of updating the Customer Information from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate with minimum 2 years commercial expertise gained across Sales / Consumer Marketing or Sales Management.
- Direct experience of Diageo Way of selling capabilities with a focus on Sales Driver execution at the point of purchase (QDVPPP), Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships including structured call, persuasive selling and brand passion.
- High level awareness of the application of Health & Safety Standards
- Good communication skills –written and verbal
- Good IT skills
- High degree of integrity
- Good inter personal skills
- Geographically mobile.
- Healthy and physically fit.
Experienced driver with valid license
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Essential to spend time in the Field with customers and consumers-essential to stay in touch with the market and the competition
- Unwillingness to flex schedule to align with business hours of retailers and distributors.
- Based in a defined geographical area.
- 100% Field Based
How to apply:
Click on Search Openings and select Nigeria under location and click on search.
See more latest vacancies at Guniness Nigeria here