Risk And Controls Analyst Needed At Oando Nigeria Plc
Oando Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market. At Oando, we always on the look out for highly skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated people who can contribute to our continuing success.
Oando Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Risk and Controls Analyst
Auto req ID: 19BR
- Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Group Risk Management and Control, the main duties of the Risk and Control analyst are to ensure financial controls are properly designed, implemented as designed and functioning as intended.
- He/She is responsible for data gathering, measurement and analysis of operational, strategic and regulatory compliance risk in the group in order to assess and ensure timely reporting of all issues noted for the GHRMC’s consideration.
Other specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Work with the Risk and Control Manager to conduct risk assessment and control testing across the group.
- Work with department heads at the subsidiary companies in Finance (including, strategy & planning units) and other operating areas to ensure enforcement of policies and procedures and compliance with the regulatory environment.
- Ensure all remediation actions are implemented across the group
- Assist with documentation of operational processes (using narratives and process maps) across the group, maintain a register of these processes, tracking all process changes and re- engineer existing processes where and when required.
- Focus on continual process improvement, and rationalization of control measures to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of operations and realization of cost savings opportunities
- Maintain and monitor all financial module access rights for all staff across the group.
- With the Manager, Risk and Control, ensure effective management of both Operational risk and all supporting functions risk across the group office and entities including shares services.
Work with the head of Group Risk Management and the unit Manager to:
- Coordinate risk documentation, evaluation, and monitoring risk inherent in existing activities, with the aim of minimizing operational loss across Oando Plc and its subsidiaries.
- Collate all the operations risk register from the entities and group EHSSQ and prepare monthly report for the group Chief Risk and Finance Officer
- Develop key risk indicators and guide the subsidiaries risk advisors on same. Ensure consistency of approach.
- Ensure there are business continuity and crisis management plans in place to minimize losses in the event of severe business disruptions. Ensure periodic assessment of contingency plans.
- Facilitate the periodic Group Risk Management and Control Committee meetings chaired by the Group CFO.
- Good knowledge of Internal Control Processes, and Risk Management.
- A university degree with minimum of five years work experience.
- A qualified Chartered Accountant or working towards an accountancy qualification or an Engineer with good knowledge of processes and control.
- Good knowledge of the regulatory environment.
- Attention to details
- Strong personality with good organization skills
- A good team player.
- The ability to build, and maintain excellent working relationships with all levels of management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Ability to interpret financial statements and understanding of IFRS
- Good understanding of corporate governance