Risk Manager Needed At Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Holdings is a member of Standard Bank Group which is Africa’s largest banking group ranked by assets and earnings and has been in business for more than 150 years. It is a global Bank with African roots and has extensive operations in 19 African countries including South Africa and 12 countries outside Africa including key financial centers like Europe, United States and Asia making us one of the biggest banking networks on the continent. It operates in Nigeria as Stanbic IBTC Bank; a subsidiary of Stanbic IBTC Holdings.
Risk Governance Manager
To support the Head of Risk Governance in providing assurance on the effectiveness of the risk governance architecture in Stanbic IBTC Holdings.
Generic to All Risk Types
– Support the Head of Risk Governance in embedding Risk Standards; Policies and Procedures, Mandates and other related governance documentation.
– Facilitate the quarterly attestation framework.
– Provide an effective custodial service (maintenance, review and management) of the risk suite of governance documents in terms of defined review cycles.
– Ensure that reviews and actioning of waivers, dispensations and carve-outs granted under the policies are conducted and progress made to resolve the dispensations.
– Ensure that procedures are reviewed and updated annually.
Risk Governance Architecture Optimisation
– Support the Head of Risk Governance in conducting ongoing assessments of the entities Risk Governance architecture to ensure it remains relevant and efficient and is aligned to the Group Standards and industry / best practice.
– Analyse quarterly Risk type key risk indicators (KRI) trends to gauge the potential impact on the appropriateness of the architecture.
– Recommend improvements and provide solutions based on the outcome of assessments.
– Any other activity as assigned by the HoR
Key performance measures
– Accuracy of reports/risk analytics to aid decision making
– Timely resolution to problems, queries
– Well organized and accessible information from folders and databases
– Quality of presentation slides
– Timely submission of deliverables with minimal errors
Key dimensions of the job
– Supports Head of Risk Governance.
– Ensure accuracy of reports and timely conclusion of assigned projects / tasks.