Safety Design Engineer Needed At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients including the following:
- Structuring of partnerships and relationships between local companies and foreign/technical partners,
- Assistance with permits, business development and understanding of contracting terms and and conditions, as well as sourcing for human resource personnel,
- providing training/capacity development required to operate within best business practice, even in tough business environments.
SAFETY DESIGN ENGINEER
During Project Execution phase
• Ensure that safety aspects in general (Health, Safety and Environment), and in particular the safety issues of the Client FPSO design, in the Detailed Design Engineering phase of the FPSO are fully covered and addressed according to COMPANY general specification and requirements.
• Liaise with the Project HSE Engineer, the Environmental Engineer and the Operational Safety Case coordinator who will be located in the central Project Management Team. Liaise on-site, as required, with the FPSO and Hull construction site safety superintendents, supervisors and technicians as well as the contractors own HSE specialists.
• Ensure the adequacy of the FPSO contractor’s design, in compliance with regulations, reference documents and best practices, of the Project HSE plan throughout the remaining Project activities, namely: detailed engineering, construction, tow, installation, hook-up commissioning and start-up.
• Provide comments on technical documentation from engineering contractors and vendors related to Safety & Fire Fighting systems, marine life saving & rescue equipment. More specifically:
- Review of safety deliverables: Safety Philosophies, Safety Specifications and Datasheets, Hazardous Area Classifications, SCE and Performance Standards.
- Review Safety Equipment layouts, F&G Detector layouts, PFP drawings.
- Check relevant sizing / calculations notes of safety equipment / Fire fighting systems.
- Review of safety studies such as Fire Risk Assessment, CFD Explosion Risk Assessment, Flare & Vent Dispersion and Radiation Study, CFD Exhaust Gas Dispersion Study, Safety Distances Calcs, Dropped Object Studies, Ship Collision Study, Heli-Crash Study, Escape & Evacuation & Rescue Analysis, Ergonomics Study, Health Risk Assessment, F&G Mapping Study, RAM / FMECA, Noise & Vibration Study, SIL Determination, Verification & Validation, Technological Risk Assessment,Quantitative Risk Assessment etc.
- Ensuring that safety engineering documentation, requisitions for procurement and suppliers bids evaluation are fully compliant with Design Dossier major documentation (safety concept, PIDs, ESD logic, safety diagrams….etc) and with Company General specifications.
- Review other disciplines documents requiring safety engineering inputs.
- Participate in HAZIDs, HAZOPs, SIL workshops etc.
• Following day-to-day progress of safety engineering activities from detailed engineering through to field start up.
• Ensuring close coordination with other disciplines (in particular process, control / instrumentation, HVAC etc.) to avoid discrepancies and documentation recycling.
• Be proactive and work directly with Contractors to avoid elongated document revision cycles.
• Managing / attending as necessary project and technical follow up meeting with Contractor, Subcontractors and Vendors.
• Contribute to effective design fit for purpose, safe and on basis of “proven technology”.
• For safety discipline, ensuring full and efficient coordination with Field Operations during development of FPSO design, construction and commissioning with target of efficient start up / hand over to Operation (including preparation and performing of training to operators as necessary).
• Following up recommendation from HAZIDs, HAZOPs, PTRs and other safety review workshops.
• Implementing and updating of Project Safety dossier.
• Following up of field engineering modifications for safety discipline as relevant.
• Interface with FPSO Hull & Topsides Engineers in providing necessary support and advice on the validation and follow up of the facilities layout.
• Participate to the selection of safety & emergency/rescue equipment, marine life saving equipment in compliance with Company specifications & standards.
• Participate and assess the tests related to FAT, Pre commissioning and commissioning of the Safety & Fire Fighting systems, marine life saving & rescue equipment.
• Ensure that Safety & Fire Fighting systems, marine life saving & rescue equipment is in regard with the detailed engineering phase.
• Participate and provide necessary support for the development of operating procedures of the safety equipment on board the FPSO facilities prior to towing and installation phase.
• Take a proactive role to Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the Company‘s policies and procedures,
• Support the development and delivery of a positive safety culture in the engineering team.
• Any other work of a similar nature as may be requested by COMPANY.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
• Detailed engineering of Topsides to take place in Lagos.
• Detailed engineering of Hull to take place in Korea.
• Construction activities partly in Nigeria and partly in Korea
• Part of FPSO integration to occur in Lagos
• Good engineering and procurement dossier for Safety & Fire Fighting systems, marine life saving & rescue equipment.
• Efficient communication with remote Hull team.
• Good and efficient engineering documentation review, comment and follow-up.
• Follow-up of internal technical reviews (HAZID, HAZOP, PTR 3, 4, and others audits)
• Experience in the oil and gas industry or compatible experience including experience in the construction, commissioning and operation of major projects.
• Previous similar experience on FPSO is preferred.
• Extensive experience risk assessments.
• Experience in workplace training and assessments
• Good knowledge of industry codes, standards and legislations on HSES aspects.
• Available for technical missions worldwide.
• Familiar with GS and applicable rules.
• Fluent in English language.
• Computer literate.
• Strong leadership skills and good communication skills
• Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment
• Good analytical skills