Sales Manager Job Opening at InterContinental Hotel in Lagos
InterContinental Hotel Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travellers.
Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos’s port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor. Guests have access to an all-day dining restaurant, two specialty restaurants, room service and the pool bar for lighter meal choices and snacks. The lobby lounge and cocktail bar is the perfect setting for casual meetings over coffee or drinks. In addition, for the health conscious traveller there is a health club bar serving fresh juices. InterContinental Lagos also offers exclusive business and conference facilities including a state of the art ballroom with a foyer area, and several additional flexible meeting and breakout. Other amenities include a fully-equipped gym, outdoor pool, and retail space.
We are currently recruiting our Sales Manager
Position: Sales Manager
Job Number: LAG000169
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- This role also requires the building of a working culture to support the IHG Winning Ways of Doing the Right Thing, Show We Care, Aim Higher, Celebrate Difference amd Work Better Together.
- As a Sales Manager, you will build and manage your portfolio to maximise and drive InterContinental Lagos revenues and market share.
- You will proactively create and convert revenue opportunities in order to achieve budgeted revenue targets and marketing objectives by planning and executing sales activities,negotiate optimum rate for the benefit of the business, consistently communicate “within” to share market intelligence, provide feedback and ensure customer awareness within the Hotel.
- Business savvy and good people skills
- Experience in emerging markets / similar hard locations
- Visionary & strategic thinker and ability to convert this to action
- Good understanding of the Nigerian/African business and operation environments and markets
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums – presentation, telephone, correspondence, face to face etc. in English and preferably a 2nd language
- University degree preferably in marketing or tourism/hospitality management
- Minimum of 4 years Managerial Sales experience in an international 5* luxury hotel, Banking industry, Telecommunication or Hospitality sales & marketing environment
- Service minded and ability to involve and support operations
In return we’ll give you a generous financial and benefits package including duty meals, hotel discounts worldwide and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself
Method of Application
All qualified candidates should
Deadline 24th October, 2014
More vacancies at Intercontinental Hotel Lagos here