Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. – One of the leading hotels and leisure companies in the world with more than 1000 properties in over 100 countries, is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels and resorts with the following internationally renowned brands: St Regis, The Luxury Collection, Sheraton, Westin, Four Points by Sheraton, W, Le Meridien, Aloft and Element.
Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a subsidiary of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc., is one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com or www.starwoodvacationownership.com.
We are seeking for employment dynamic, result-oriented and self-motivated person to fill the position below:
- Working closely with Sales Manager to achieve both personal revenue goals (by working towards an agreed Masters target) and the budgeted goals of the Property.
- Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts, key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in rooms and banqueting revenue in line with budgetary objectives.
- Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
- Proactively sourcing and prospecting new accounts for the Property, and following the sales process through to convert into #producing# accounts.
- To attend any trade fairs as a representative of Starwood Hotels, ensuring that the quality image of the organisation is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Property.
- A sales report is to be completed in a timely manner after attendance of trade shows or missions.
- To take personal responsibility for understanding the Marketing plan and the required budgetary guidelines of the
- Hotels, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
- To participate in the annual Marketing Planning process under the direction of the DOS&M, and to take responsibility in conjunction with the Sales Manager for the compilation of the competitor rate and product information, pricing analysis and Key Account Analysis.
- Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
- Re-negotiation of corporate rate agreements within budgetary guidelines for all corporate accounts within agreed time frames.
- Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client.
- Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times.
- Ensure relevant Starwood forms/tools are completed e.g. Lanyon, KAM etc.
- To accurately complete all Global Preference, SET Preferred rate agreements ensuring KAM account base is kept up to date, including Global Access and Locally Negotiated accounts.
- To actively support and promote Starwood Sales programmes such as Global Access, Team Hot, SPG, SPP,
- Starchoice etc. to reach established targets and ensure appropriate administration is completed on Starwood One etc for these programmes to meet company guidelines.
- Compile and execute quarterly sales action plans as agreed with DOS&M and communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to the Sales Manager.
- To complete a quarterly production review of account base.
- To arrange and manage familiarisation trips and educationals in line with business needs.
- To take responsibility for agreed projects outlined within the individual PMP and support DOS&M/Sales Manager with any additional projects as required.
- To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Events Teams.
- Proactively respond to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates in Delphi and communicating to Events
- Managers for further follow up.
- To participate in quarterly Focus Group meetings as required.
- To have a full understanding of Sales requirements in Delphi adhering to European Core Delphi Standards and maintaining up-to-date activity and rate information for each account.
- Weekly Delphi Activity Report and future week#s activity to be given to Sales Manager and DOS&M every Friday.
- Responsible for Starchoice in the Sales Team # proactively promoting and educating the team on the programme, special promotions, list of active members and take responsibility for driving forward Starchoice membership in team & informing of any updates.
- Actively participate in Six Sigma to constantly improve and enhance services, procedures and our overall product.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree required, additional education in sales and marketing fields preferred.
- At least 2 year of experience of a Sales executive.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in writing, speaking and negotiating in local language, English and at least one additional language.
- Must pass the Sales Select Test
- The above duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.