Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Director
Job ID: #1302616
- As a member of the Nigeria Senior Management Team (SMT) the Director of HR& Administration shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO).
- He/she is accountable to the Country Director for government relationships and the provision of effective HR and administrative services in both emergencies and development programming contexts
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters and/or postgraduate specialisation in Human Resources or Business Administration (MBA) with specialisation in Human Resources
- Recommended a minimum of 10 years of management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change
- Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
- Competent level skills in HRIS, IT applications, particularly MS Office
- A commitment to the values and principles of Save the Children
- Experience of exposure to developing countries and Nigeria will be an asset
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
- Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of HR within the programme and ensuring the most effective support to line management.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Experience in capacity building and setting frameworks for staff development;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a covering letter and up-to-date CV to:Fsy.email@example.com
Application Deadline 6th January, 2016.