Seismic Data QC Representative At SPIE Oil & Gas Services
Seismic Data QC Representative
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover (437 M€ in 2011) has doubled in the last four years thanks to the dedication of our 4000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development.
In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams. We currently have an opportunity within our Geosciences department for a:
Seismic Data QC Representative (F/M)
This position is a unique opportunity to have a rewarding experience in a foreign country and expend your experience in a main client environment.
Your main duties will be:
• Monitors and advises on onboard data acquisition quality control products, field processing and data deliverables.
• Quality control of 2-vessel undershooting operations.
• Liaise with clients and their representatives.
• Check that the survey complies with agreed parameters, compile survey reports and generate status and final reports.
• Attend start-up project meetings when required.
• Ensure efficient use and management of resources for all processing phases.
• Build strong working relationships with the survey team/s – provide technical guidance, hands-on expertise and leadership.
• Keep abreast of industry trends, technologies and players in marine seismic.
Ideally you will have graduated in geophysics with a minimum experience of five (5) continuous years of active QC representative support for 3D seismic acquisition, with at least 3 years of this experience on marine 3D crews involving multi-vessel operations. He/She also must understand navigation positioning QC and be experienced in performing technical audits of airgun arrays. Prior 4D experience is also strongly desired.
You are fluent in English.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. This position is suitable for disabled people.
Contract duration: 7 – 8 weeks
Salary: to be agreed
Terms: Rotation 4/4