USAID is in need of services of Senior Development Outreach and Communications (DOC) Specialist
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is the United States Government agency primarily responsible for administering civilian foreign aid. Responding to President Barack Obama’s pledge in his 2013 State of the Union Address to “join with our allies to eradicate extreme poverty in the next two decades,” USAID has adopted as its mission statement “to partner to end extreme poverty and to promote resilient, democratic societies while advancing the security and prosperity of the United States.” USAID operates in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
President John F. Kennedy created USAID from its predecessor agencies in 1961 by executive order. USAID’s programs are authorized by the Congress in the Foreign Assistance Act, which the Congress supplements through directions in annual funding appropriation acts and other legislation. Although technically an independent federal agency, USAID operates subject to the foreign policy guidance of the President, Secretary of State, and the National Security Council.
Senior Development Outreach and Communications (DOC) Specialist
US Agency for International Development(USAID/Nigeria)
Closing Date: January 23, 2015, 16:00 pm Nigeria Time (GMT + 1)
Salary: GS-13 equivalent $72,391- $94,108 per annum depending on experience, qualifications and salary history
Duration of Job:
- Two years base award plusthree one-year optionsto renew, for a total of five years, based on satisfactory performance, continued relevance and need
- The United States Government, represented by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is seeking applications from qualified United States citizens or Third Country Nationals (TCN) resident in Nigeria, to provide personal servicesas a Senior Development Outreach and Communications Specialist.
- This is a Resident-Hire position. Resident Hire Personal Services Contractor (PSC) means persons who are U.S. citizens or Third Country Nationals who are lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States; or third country national citizens who, at the time of hiring as a PSC, reside in the Cooperating Country i.e. Nigeria.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years of progressively responsible experience in communications, public relations, or journalism, in an English-language work environment.
- This experience should provide assurance that the Senior DOC Specialist is skilled in disseminating information to a variety of target audiences. Previous work with the U.S. Government or another international development organization is highly desirable.
- A Bachelor of Arts Degree in journalism, public relations, communications, English, or a related field is required.
- An advance degree in a related field is desirable.
- This position will be based in USAID office in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interestd and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.