Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Senior Manager, Network Procurement
1. Ensure timely completion of new/renewal contract
- Manage the processing of Network related contracts from project brief to contract completion in conjunction with the Legal department
2 Preparation of Network BOQ
- TO be familiar with preparation of BOQ (Bill of Quantity) for Telecom products i.e 2G- BTS, 3G – Node B, Microwave, Transmission eqp (DWDM & SDH) etc
3. Timely issuance of PO
- Manage the end to end Purchase Order process for procurement of goods and services within their area of responsibility in line with approved purchasing requests.
4. Vendor Management
- Manages the relationship with vendors in accordance with company guidelines, to support the realization of agreed procurement contracts.
5. Co-work efficiency
- Provide accurate information and guidance to managers and other staff in Support of the planning, budgeting and goal setting processes to establish procurement goals.
6. Pricing and contract management
- Manage price & contractual negotiations in line with favorable payment terms, statutory regulatory requirements, competitive pricing, quality assurance and delivery timelines favorable to the company.
- Generation of required Procurement reports(spend & savings report, contract management report, Single source & emergency request report)
8. Ensure process are in place and strictly adhered to
- Manage sourcing process for recommending/identifying the most suitable vendors required for projects/tasks
9. to End Vendor support
- Provide payment support services(i.e. reconciliation/confirmation of invoices against vendor claims as against audit exercises
10. Vendor Perofmrance Evaluation
- Vendor Performance evaluation to ascertain vendor competence & capability
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree preferably Engineering
- Masters in Business Administration would be preferred additional qualification dependent on experiencent
- Minimum 10 years working experience with at least five years in Network Procurement
- Strong ethics
- High Discipline and professionalism
- Self-Motivated and Passionate
- Team player