APM Terminals is recruiting currently into a senior position
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
• Manages the internal communications process
• Editing and writing of all organisational materials and content
• Assists the external Public relations on all external communications especially to the stakeholders
• Responsible for managing internal communications channels, including writing/editing the staff e-newsletter
• Responsible for the Town hall meeting content, presentations and follow ups
• Monitors all APMT branded communications in Prints, electronic and social media
• Proactively seek opportunities to advise employees and management on communications issues
• Advise and support developing internal communications programmes, ensuring consistency with the global internal communications strategy.
• Advise senior management on sensitive and complex internal communications challenges, including crisis communications issues
• Represent internal communications on projects as required to ensure that project managers take note of internal communication needs
• Develop internal communications plans for a range of projects, initiatives and campaigns, and implement them.
Who we are looking for
Ø Bachelor’s degree in Mass communication, English, Public administration or related field from an accredited university.
§ At least two to four years of experience in a similar role
§ Professional Certification from Nigerian Institute of Public Relations is desirable
§ A masters degree (MBA preferred) would be an advantage
Ø Knowledge of developing and implementing internal communications strategies and measuring their effectiveness
Ø Knowledge and Experience of advising senior managers on complex internal communications challenges, including crisis communications
Ø Experience of successfully managing complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders, from start to finish
Ø Basic Knowledge of brand communication
Ø Experience of successfully influencing staff at all levels within an organisation
Ø Experience of writing for a variety of audiences
Ø Involvement in managing an intranet ,editors/contributors
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong editing and proofreading skills
• Ability to work both independently and within a group
§ Ability to set priorities and multi task
§ Ability to network, interact and influence key decision makers within and outside circle of influence
§ Well developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills.
§ Requires capability to anticipate problems by recognizing the key issues in problems and creating contingency plans and alternative solutions.