Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the world’s leading multinational Construction and Civil Engineering Company to recruit a Senior Scheduler for their operations in Nigeria
Our client is a leading multinational conglomerate that operates in the Telecommunications/Media and Construction sectors.
This position will be responsible for the review of contract documents for each construction packages and approve construction schedules as submitted by contractors and ensure they are in compliance with the overall project schedule.
- Review the Contract documents for each Construction Package and advise the Projects Controls Manager of any deficiency.
- Review and approve the Construction schedules as submitted by the Contractor and ensure the Construction Schedule is in compliance with the overall project schedule.
- Review and approve the procurement schedules as submitted by the Contractor and ensure the procurement schedules are in compliance and are coordinated with current construction schedules.
- Review and continuously monitor, against approved schedules, the Contractor’s major construction progress and ensure equipment and manpower are adequate or in case of any shortage report to the management.
- Review in detail the recovery schedules as submitted by the Contractors and ensure manpower and site supervision staffs are increased properly.
- Regular visits to project sites to validate whether the progress of work on site is in compliance with approved schedules, whether major milestones have been met and report deficiencies to the management.
- Review all daily, weekly and monthly reports as submitted by Contractor and report to the management on any deficiency or non-compliance.
- Review any claim involving time impact as submitted by Contractors and report his assessment appropriately.
- Review field design changes and Trend Notices and assess time impact, if any.
- Attend weekly progress meeting and monthly Executive meetings and participate in preparing the agenda.
- Review the commissioning plans as submitted by Contractor and ensure its compliance with the approved construction schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Engineering, or Architecture preferred; or any degree with construction/design-related experience.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in construction/engineering environment
- Certification in Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP) an advantage
- Ability to understand and accurately interpret construction documents (drawings, specifications, contracts/general conditions) at all levels of design
- Understand the contractual clauses as it applies to planning and scheduling
- Skilled in scheduling and graphical software, Microsoft excel, word, power point and etc