Senior Structural Superintendent Needed At WTS Energy – Oil And Gas
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. Our clients are based globally and offer a wide range of vacancies in oil, gas and energy. WTS Energy places suitable engineers and consultants in any phase of Oil and Gas projects and in all skills relating to: Geoscience, Drilling Management and Well Services, Facilities, (FEED) Engineering, Construction, Pipeline, Subsea, Commissioning and Start Up and Operations and Maintenance. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
Job description Senior Structural Superintendent
- To be conversant with the Project HS&E Plan. Proactively participate in achieving the highest possible International standard of HSE implementation
- Ensure structural activities are achieved within schedule and compliant with Health, Safety, Environment & Quality requirements.
- Ensure that “Safety First” is the policy and culture adopted throughout the project execution.
- Ensure that plant and workforce are identified to meet the requirements of the Contract Master Schedule (CMS).
- Ensure labour forecasting is carried out with Fabrication Manager with consideration to overall cost forecast for Fabrication activities and Provides feedback to Senior Construction manager
- Ensure discipline structural meetings are regularly carried out and are recorded.
- Ensure all heavy lifting is carried out to the Nigerdock Lifting Operations procedure.
- Ensure Work-packs are produced in line with plan with material available.
- Ensure fabrications are completed with the erection teams input to detail / weld ability and constructability.
- Ensure all fabrications leaving the workshops are NDT complete and released correctly.
- Ensure structural part assemblies are NDT clear and formally released for paint
- Ensure build methods are approved by all parties.
- Ensure Scaffold access is in place for activities commence on time to the plan.
- Ensure release is in place for outfitting activities to commence.
- Checks Progress in Fabrication Shops.
- Deputieses in the absense of Snr Construction manager
Requirements Senior Structural Superintendent
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, advanced degree a plus
- 15 years of experience in structural engineering practice with at least 5 years in heavy industrial work