Seven Energy is an indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration, development, production and distribution company with a vision to be the leading supplier of gas to the domestic market for power generation and industrial consumption.culled from www.justjobsng.com
Our objective is to exploit first mover advantage as a supplier to the domestic gas market in our core operating areas and to maximise shareholder value through sustainable long-term growth across the full value chain. We are successfully providing opportunities for our industrial partners and creating value for our stakeholders and investors.
Supply Chain Manager
Seven Energy is recruiting a Supply Chain Manager position for its Nigeria operations. Reporting to VP Wells & Services, the role accountable for development and execution of contracting and procurement activities, including project portfolios, in accordance with organisational requirements, while making best use of actual and potential markets, and application of standard processes, systems and controls.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the provision of Commercial leadership and Category Management over all the Organisational operations, Emerging Flagship projects activities within the Company’s Project portfolio, acting pro-actively to deliver best in class Supply Chain capability, processes and organization to support organisational and projects delivery.
- Lead the delivery of Supply Chain Strategies, Tactics and Contract Execution.
- Organise and adequately resource organisational and projects requirements with Supply Chain professionals to execute the Supply Chain agenda in the Organisation.
- Ensure development and implementation of robust Supply Chain strategy to place demand in the market place in optimal manner, secure third party services and materials in compliance with schedule, quality requirements and best commercial terms taking full cognisance of risks and opportunities.
- Leverage category management opportunities through organisational framework agreements.
- Recruit, develop and manage the activities of a team of Supply Chain specialists in provision of contracting and procurement services
- Maintain Supply Chain Plan and representative suite of Key Performance Indicators demonstrating Contracting and Procurement team performance at all stages
- Execute detailed prequalification, tendering and negotiating tactics in support of Contracting and Procurement strategies
- Ensure development and implementation of organisational and project Nigerian Content plans to utilise and build market capacity and capability
- Drive HSSE in the process of contractor and supplier selection and in subsequent work execution phases
- Develop and implement opportunities to increase use of effective local business capacity
- Develop and implement comprehensive post-award contract management plans for all major contracts awarded, ensuring all variation requests are dealt with in timely manner and structure, manage contracts and agreements in a proactive manner with the objective of minimising claims and disputes
- Lead organisation and project teams in selected negotiations with contractors to achieve mandated organisational and project objectives
- Lead organisation and project teams in resolution of commercial and contractual issues with contractors including terms and conditions of contract in collaboration with legal, risk & compliance and finance specialists.
- Ensure collation, analysis, validation, maintenance and capture of information and market intelligence relating to global engineering contracting market particularly within relevant operating regions
- Organise delivery of Nigerian Content Business Development plans to meet national obligations and manage stakeholder associated relationships and aspirations
- Lead organisational Supplier Relationship Management process concerning performances and improved Supplier information database
- Maintain close working relationship with other functions within the organisation including services, finance, legal and other functional teams to ensure Contracting and Procurement documentation is compliant with organisational and project reporting and controls requirements and all fiscal and legal regulations
- Ensure business ethics are maintained to the highest degree and ensure compliance with Organisation’s Business Principles
- Developing the strategic direction for Supply Chain, ensuring maximum added value to the organisation in compliance with the Organisational Business policies and principles
- Supporting delivery of Supply Chain goals and projects targets through Pre-award, award and in the execution phases, with respect to schedule and cost in the current supplier dominant market
- Manage internal and external interfaces including JV partners, suppliers and government bodies
- Attract, retain and Develop competent staff to meet Contracting and Procurement capability demands
- Drive implementation of Supply Chain category management objectives across the organisation, including in projects
- Drive cost effective implementation Supply Chain best practices, systems and tools.
- Conduct all activities relating to contracts and procurement in compliance with company compliance policies and procedures, UKBA and FCPA and other applicable independence and anticorruption regulations and practices
Job and personal specifications (Education, experience and other requirements)
- Comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain /Contracting and Procurement principles
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in Supply Chain management / Lead position in the oil and gas industry
- Creative thinker capable of developing innovative solutions and a motivated self-starter with a track record of delivery
- Applied knowledge of effective local content development.
- Experience of working in frontier Supply chain project environments will be added advantage.
- Business or Engineering degree, or equivalent. Master Degree (preferably an MBA) will be an advantage.
- Mastery of Contracting and Procurement professional competencies.
- Understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues, able to cope with complexity and uncertainty.
- Effective people skills and delivering results through others.
Please send a detailed CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with email subject as: ‘Supply Chain Manager’.