Several Engineering Jobs at Pacific Drilling – 11 Positions
With our best-in-class drillships and highly experienced team, Pacific Drilling is a fast-growing company committed to becoming the industry’s preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. Since initiating construction of our first four rigs in 2008, Pacific Drilling has grown into a successful, premium drilling contractor with more than 1,500 employees and contracts with the highest-quality clients in the industry.To date we have delivered six ships; two more vessels under construction will be completed within the year. Our fleet of eight ultra-deepwater drillships will represent one of the youngest and most technologically advanced fleets in the world.Throughout our development, we have remained committed to customer service and operating with the utmost integrity and focus on safety. Pacific Drilling will continue to combine the strength of a large, well-capitalized enterprise with the agility and flexibility of a small solution provider to the benefit of our customers, suppliers, employees and the communities in which we operate. Pacific Drilling’s corporate offices are located in Houston, Texas, with operations offices in Brazil, Nigeria, Singapore and South Korea.
Job Position: Electronic Technician
The Electronic Technician (ET) assists the Chief Electronic Technician (Chief ET) with installing, repairing and maintaining all electronic equipment onboard the vessel.
Department / Location
Operations / Offshore
The ET performs preventative and corrective maintenance on all electronic related equipment, with oversight of the Chief ET; the ET communicates regularly with the other departments (IT, mechanical, electrical, engine room, subsea, drilling, marine and safety) as well as the client and other service partners when required.
Direct Manager/Supervisor – Chief ET
The ET has no direct reports.
Qualifications and Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Basic Electronic Knowledge/Skills through work experience or Certificate of education in lieu of work experience.
• Basic Computer Skills.
• Fluent English communication skills (oral and written).
• NOV 6th generation cyber chair experience.
• NOV MUX control 5th generation experience or higher.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
• Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the first time, every time, and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
• Act as a Safety Leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
• Maintain and repair all electronic systems including Dynamic Positioning, communication, data acquisition and navigational equipment.
• Maintain and repair electronic systems in relation to subsea BOP equipment and drilling package instrumentation and electronics.
• Carry out installation, calibration and modification to electronic systems and components as per Pacific Drilling maintenance standards.
• Maintain sufficient spares are onboard – together with Chief ET and Electrical/Electronic Supervisor – for critical/safety/maintenance/operational systems with a pro-active attitude with regards to upcoming Preventive Maintenance System.
• Maintain workshop equipment/tools to the highest safety standards.
• Perform daily visual inspections of equipment and prevent/rectify actual and potential malfunctions, report potentially dangerous conditions to the Chief ET.
• Using the CMMS, coordinate planning and execution of preventive maintenance with a minimum of 6-week overview to cover current hitch and half of back-to back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate historical record of all maintenance done as well as all equipment certification documents.
• Inform Chief ET and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig.
• Ensure that members of the department have all necessary competencies, training and skills to perform their tasks. Provide assistance and training to the crew in the operation and maintenance of equipment; regularly appraise and provide feedback to department members.
• Ensure that operations are planned, organized, supervised and executed in accordance with well programs, rig move plans, Pacific Drilling requirements and contractual obligations.
• Maintain the housekeeping onboard to Pacific Drilling standards with a particular focus on escape routes.
• Responsible for creating an environment in which open communications occurs between departments, clients and third parties as required.
• Clearly and accurately communicate work status at end of shift and end of hitch handovers.
• Completion of all training and certification requirements for the Electronic Technician position as described in the Pacific Drilling training matrix.
Offshore rotating 28day/28day. Shift work 12hr/12hr.