Several Job Vacancies at Bryden Consulting in Lagos
Our Client is a logistics company based here in Lagos requires the services of the following
Job Title: Head of Human Resources
• To lead and support the development and implementation of HR policy across all areas of the organization including improving performance, maximizing attendance and providing effective management of change.
• Provide advice to managers on pay, conditions of service matters, employee relations issues and policies taking into account current employment and case law to influence best practice and operational activity.
• Make proper arrangements for the effective recruitment of personnel to maintain the capacity and capability of the organization.
• Maintain effective employee relations including participation, consultation and negotiation with representative bodies and ensure maintenance of productive working relationships with all colleagues.
• Ensure effective implementation of the disciplinary and grievance procedures for all employee groups.
• Provide an effective occupational health service including involvement in the determination of policies in individual cases of long-term absences and ill health retirements. Determine, monitor and co-ordinate the Service’s Absence Management Policy.
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
1. Provide support to supervisors and staff to develop the skills and capabilities of staff.
a) Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place
b) Provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions
c) Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations
d) Identify training and development opportunities
e) Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities
f) Process employee requests for outside training while complying with polices and
h) Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles
i) Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans
j) Provide staff orientations
k) Access funding for training and write proposals
2. Monitor staff performance and attendance activities.
a) Monitor daily attendance.
b) Investigate and understand causes for staff absences
c) Recommend solutions to resolve chronic attendance difficulties.
d) Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles.
e) Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
f) Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to
g) ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of
h) Inform affected staff or residents of unexpected absences from work and coordinate
i) actions ensuring the continuity of services such as cancellation of events and locating Keys.
3. Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized
and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
a) Provide advice and assistance to supervisors on staff recruitment
b) Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
c) Schedule and organize interviews
d) Participate in applicant interviews
e) Conduct reference checks on possible candidates
Prepare, develop and implement procedures and policies on staff recruitment.
4. Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors and Council on human resource
and work related issues.
a) Develop and implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies
b) Promote workplace safety.
c) Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems
d) Research and monitor human resource systems in other organizations within the
e) Explain and provisions of the personnel policy.
f) Explain employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation, labor
standards and Fair Practice Act.
g) Organize the transitional provisions of employee compensation, pay and benefits
when positions are transferred or new positions are funded through contribution
agreement and other special funding arrangements.
h) Arrange for the repairs of computers and other office equipment and assist with
organizing staff to carry out work due periods of equipment shutdowns.
i) Attend Council meetings to provide information, when necessary.
Job Title: Marketers
Key activities includes ;
1. Preparing, planning and project managing the publication of all publicity material to maximize brand promotion.
2. Creating marketing campaigns and working with the company’s external PR agency to see them executed.
3. Creating and developing new innovative ways to communicate the company message to their existing customers.
4. Contributing to the annual sales and marketing plan.
5. Planning and project managing marketing events and evaluating their success.
6. Evaluating the effectiveness of all marketing activity.
7. Developing and implementing an internal marketing programme.
8. Supporting the marketing manager in day to day marketing activities.
9. Plan, develop and deliver campaigns as agreed within timescales
Job Title: Auditors
Key activities include:
• collating, checking and analyzing spreadsheet data
• examining company accounts and financial control systems
• gauging levels of financial risk within organizations
• checking that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable
• ensuring that assets are safeguarded
• identifying if and where processes are not working as they should and advising on changes to be made
• preparing reports, commentaries and financial statements
• liaising with managerial staff and presenting findings and recommendations
• ensuring procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with
• Undertaking reviews of wages.
Job Title: Head of IT
1. Lead and manage technical team with clear structure and processes for the department.
2. Manage development plans, business proposals, budgets, delivery time estimates and meeting those time estimates.
3. Utilize project management methodology and agile software practices, where appropriate, to enhance business communication and to provide user scenarios for developments.
4. Manage and develop relationships with internal and external senior stakeholders, vendors, out-sourced development.
5. Oversee out-sourced software development relationships, development and delivery.
6. Work with other departments within our organization to get maximum return.
7. Accountable for the delivery of all technology related projects including developments of new websites and software and ongoing enhancements.
1. MANAGE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND COMPUTER SYSTEMS
a) Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic
b) data processing (EDP)
c) Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer
d) systems operations and development
e) Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
f) Hire and manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement,
g) operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information
i) Control the computer systems budgets and expenditures
2. ENSURE TECHNOLOGY IS ACCESSIBLE AND EQUIPPED WITH CURRENT HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
a) Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system
b) Be familiar with all hardware and software
c) Be familiar with network operating system
d) Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
e) Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
f) Train staff about new and potential use
g) Provide individual training and support on request
h) Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
i) Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
3. MONITOR AND MAINTAIN TECHNOLOGY TO ENSURE MAXIMUM ACCESS
a) Troubleshoot all technology issues
b) Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
c) Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
d) Research current and potential resources and services
e) Provide network access to all staff and students
f) Install work stations
g) Connect and set up hardware
h) Load all required software
i) Provide network accounts and passwords as required
j) Monitor security of all technology
k) Install and maintain Foolproof and passwords
l) Input and maintain IP addresses
m) Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status
n) Ensure installation of lock out programs
o) Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
p) Ensure hardware is stripped and secured before disposal
4. Perform other related duties as required during working hours
How to Apply
To apply for these positions, send CV to email@example.com