Several Job Vacancies At Save The Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world.
Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Awards Officer
- To assist the maintenance and administration of a robust and effective awards management system that is compliant to SCI awards systems and guidelines, and meet donor requirements.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant discipline.
- 3-5 years’ working experience with institutional donor contracts such as DFID, EC, ECHO, USAID in an l/NGO environment.
- S/he should have analytical skills.
- Experience of supporting programmes in each stage of the project cycle, including budgeting, technical and financial monitoring in the context of grants/restricted funding sources.
- Computer literate (including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access) and competency in development of spread-sheets and databases.
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
- The Logistics Coordinator is responsible to the Logistics Manager for supporting improvements and providing management in all logistics and procurement functions including the supply chain, fleet, assets and communications in coordination with the logistic and procurement together staff.
- S/he should possess a degree in relevant subject with extensive experience in purchasing, clearing and forwarding, exemption waiver pursuit.
- NAFDAC, Customs processes and procedures.
- Extensive experience in warehousing,vehicle management,administration, HF and VHF radios.
- Good communication skills and computer literacy skills.
- Experience working with I/NGO’s would be an asset.
Job Title: Awards Manager
- This role will work collaboratively with members and other departments of the Country office programme to ensure smooth management of development and humanitarian programme awards, sub awards and contracts, focusing on donor compliance and accountability.
- This position will also be responsible to build the capacity of staff and partner organizations.
- Candidate should possess minimum of a Master’s Degree in any of the social Sciences or related discipline and a professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- S/he should have 6-8 years proven work experience managing International Donor Funded projects in an l/NGOs environment with excellent communication skills, report and proposal writing skills.
- Experience of and well developed skills in staff management, supervision and capacity building with proven track record of supporting a senior management team.
- Computer literate (i.e.WORD,advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer,financial systems).
Job Title: Head of Logistics
Contract – Full-Time (12 months)
- The post holder leads on responding to and managing the growing needs within the Nigeria programme for effective core logistics capacity to support ongoing development programmes and emergency response interventions.
- In this, he ensures that all policies and procedures of Save the Children are strictly adhered to and also to ensure that Save the Children’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in development and humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to the Sphere Standards, Save the Children Quality Framework Essential Standards and the NGO Code of Conduct.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 7 years of national and/or International experience – of which at least 4 years with an INGO – in supply chain management, inclusive of procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management.
- Strong experience in vehicle and fleet management.
- Robust experience of NGO project cycle management and experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure.
- Master’s degree in Logistics, MBA or any other relevant degree.
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of logistics staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and capacities to plan and think strategically.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word platforms.
- Experience in distributions of both NFIs and food items in emergency context.
- Working experience in Nigeria and/or West Africa.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with various incoming teams in the event of major emergencies.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles, including rights-based approaches.
Job Title: National Safety and Security Manager
- The overall objective of this position is to mitigate the risks posed to the programmes, personnel and assets in SC in Nigeria through the provision of specialized, coordinated and focused security management support.
- Candidate should have a formal security qualification or advanced security management training and an advanced level of understanding with the philosophy and mode of operation of NGOs.
- S/he must have a minimum of 5 years field based experience in complex and insecure settings, experience in liaising with civilian, police and military government authorities, as well as with regional, national and international institutions, experience of incident reporting, incident mapping, intelligence collation and analysis functions, set up and execution of an incident warning system (warden system), compilation of security reports and assessments.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Experience in providing safety & security trainings such as personal safety & security, fire safety and first aid
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments.
- S/he should have a high level of IT expertise.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria-the Northern States
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and qualifying statement explaining why you are suitable to: [email protected] State the position clearly in the subject field as application without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
- Application received after the closing date will not be consider.
- Application will the treated as they are received and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 9th March, 2015.