Simplytrak – Established in 2001, Simplytrak is one of the oldest companies in the remote monitoring and asset tracking industry and started with providing vehicle tracking services in the UK to enable businesses monitor and track their assets for better fleet management and operations. By 2009, Simplytrak had expanded further to Africa providing generator monitoring systems that allow maintenance scheduling, provide a cost operating structure and billing platform to a wide range of clients in different business disciplines from banking and insurance to transportation, energy, marine, oil and gas industries. Simplytrak operates in 37 countries around the world delivering quality services to our customers, saving businesses and individuals money and time while enjoying positive returns on investments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
- Responsible for planning and controlling all activities connected with safe and efficient operation of the company’s fleet.
- Supervise the sourcing, purchase, leasing, allocation and maintenance of vehicles in the company
- Acquire, analyze and interpret real-time fleet data to produce proper documentation and regularly report on key performance indicators.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of all vehicles to keep a track on their locations and conditions.
- Supervise maintenance and repairs of vehicles in order to reduce the operating cost on Vehicles.
- Ensure all required registration documents are valid, complete and are available on demand.
- Develop and maintain a thorough and current knowledge base of all applicable federal government regulations, state transport obligations and Safety policies.
- Liaise with Company approved service centers/Workshop to ensure that the vehicles are correctly serviced and repaired in accordance with the company’s/OEM maintenance system and Schedules.
- Ensure that company’s fleet is operated to meet all legal requirements and safety standards at all times.
- Monitor status of vehicles and motorcycles, conduct periodic inspection survey of assigned vehicles and motorcycles and follow up on identified defects.
- Track, report and forecast fleet metrics ( including fuel and maintenance spend, motor vehicle insurance, asset utilization) and develop annual fleet budget
- Proactively coordinate driver’s operations ( licenses, permits, fuel cards, toll access and SLA’s for vehicle maintenance and cleanliness) to minimize and resolve them swiftly
Requirements and Skills
- A good Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline.
- Experience with logistics information systems
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently as well as within a team and develop logical recommendations from data analysis
- Excellent negotiation and organizational Skills with high level of accuracy/ attention to details.
- Business Focused and skilled in recognizing expense savings opportunities
- Technical knowledge of the automotive industry is considered an asset
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft office packages like Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- 5-7 years relevant fleet management/ operations experience with demonstrated and proven track record within the operational fleet environment.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to project, Patience and empathy and listening skills in person and on the phone.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and customers in a professional and Business manner
- Knowledge and understanding of HSE and responsibilities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply