The World Health Organization (WHO) is the United Nations organization that specialized in public health. Our goal is to build a better, healthier future for people all over Nigeria. Working through offices in in all 36 States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), WHO staff work side by side with governments and other partners to ensure the highest attainable level of health for all people. Together we strive to combat diseases – infectious diseases like tuberculosis, polio, influenza and HIV and non-communicable ones like cancer and heart disease.
Social Media Assistant
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To harness the full potential of the use of Social Media for WCO, WHO Country Office in Nigeria wishes to engage the services of a Social Media Assistant to support achievement of the overarching goals of the approach.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Social Media Assistant’s responsibilities will be but not limited to the following;
- Design layout for selected social media platforms.
- Liaison between the various WHO clusters and technical teams
- Content development management (from video, audio, image and text) in close collaboration with the communication unit and technical teams
- Tracking of global and national discourse as it affects the country office and propose first response to the team on such issues (subject to clearance from technical teams)
- Tracking breaking news on all social media platforms as it relates to WHO concerns and interests
- Answer queries and request as raised on any of the channels (In conformity with technical clearance)
- Monitor and generate report on performance indicators with the set target for the Social Media team
- Track, monitor and execute the social media team resolutions on issues that boarder on operations of the team.
- Continuously manage and encourage social media awareness amongst WHO Nigeria staff members
Higher National Diploma (HND) or first degree in Graphic Arts and Design or related technical qualifications.
At least 5 years progressive professional work experience in graphic Arts and Design
- Relevant work experience in WHO and/or the UN system would be an asset
- Use of language skills: Expert knowledge of English Language
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral forms
- Demonstrable creativity and experience in translating messages into Graphics
- Advanced Computer skills in various office applications (including PageMaker. INDesign, Corel Draw, Photoshop, Paint Shop,) and internet navigation skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Health Organization (WHO) career website on tl-ex.vcdp.who.int to apply