Smartcity Plc, is seeking for suitable and qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Social Media Manager
Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach Smartcity’s target customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, Linkedin, Whatsapp, Instagram etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing/Computer Science degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrate creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibit the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why your ideas are analytically sound.
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintain excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoy a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the Smartcity’s fields.
- Display ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceed at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Practice superior time management.
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Make evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintain a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesse functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrate winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Possesse great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Smartcity Plc career website on www.linkedin.com to apply