Specialist, Compliance Vacancy At Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat’s vision is a world where people’s reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
The position works as part of the compliance team in ensuring Etisalat compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies that impact on Etisalat’s business operations.
- Understanding the Nigerian Communications Act 2003, all Etisalat License Documents and all other regulatory prescriptions particularly those that relate to competition, national roaming, interconnect, co-location, infrastructure sharing, licensing regime, resale of transmission capacity, international transit rights and wholesale price control and in that regard ensure any potential anti-competitive practices bordering on the aforementioned activities are satisfactorily resolved.
- Monitoring and maintaining a database of all Regulatory compliance issues and ensuring that Etisalat complies with all Regulations.
- Providing regulatory support to various user groups to ensure that projects/tasks that they embark upon are compliant with regulatory prescriptions and meet time to market requirements.
- Showing resourcefulness and creativity in preparing and designing the approach for collecting data, and effectively researching and filtering of relevant information and data.
- Undertaking research and preparing position papers on topical and developing regulatory issues/trends.
- Developing and submitting all mandatory reports which may be required from time to time from the NCC.
- Establishing and maintaining valuable corporate contacts at the NCC and other relevant Regulatory Authorities.
- Identifying benchmarks, standards, and monitoring changes in applicable laws, Regulations, Guidelines, related trends or International Best Practice which impact on the business activities of Etisalat.
- Perform any duties as assigned by the Manager, Compliance.
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a reputable university and a Barrister at laws degree from the Nigerian Law School.
- A Masters in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Three (3) to five (5) years work experience with a minimum of two (2) years in regulatory management.
- Ideally, the job holder will be a lawyer who has worked:
- within the regulatory affairs or compliance department of a telecoms operator;
- for a sector-specific telecoms regulator; or
- within the telecoms practice of a major law firm or a specialist law firm.