Stanbic IBTC Bank Is Recruiting
Stanbic IBTC Holdings is a member of Standard Bank Group which is Africa’s largest banking group ranked by assets and earnings and has been in business for more than 150 years. It is a global Bank with African roots and has extensive operations in 19 African countries including South Africa and 12 countries outside Africa including key financial centers like Europe, United States and Asia making us one of the biggest banking networks on the continent. It operates in Nigeria as Stanbic IBTC Bank; a subsidiary of Stanbic IBTC Holdings.
Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking
To grow and retain a portfolio of commercial banking relationships by performing both a pro- and re-active value adding role to those customers, ensuring that appropriate personal attention is given to customers and that the customers are provided with products, services and advice that meet their needs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 6 years previous portfolio relationship management experience. This experience provides an understanding of how businesses operate, as well as understanding the business risks, industry risks and financial requirements pertaining to the commercial market.
- Previous working experience in Credit is preferable to gain practical exposure to lending principles and to establish credible relationships.
- Strong numerical skills and financial acumen to analyse, evaluate and identify trends in complex consolidated financial statements, balance sheets and ratios.
- A sound understanding of cash – flow cycles pertaining to the industry being analysed.
- A good knowledge of financial spreadsheet applications (e.g. Excel) to capture and analyse financial data.
- Good knowledge of general banking practices and procedures.
- A good understanding of the principles and practices of business economics and the current business economic environment.
- A good current knowledge of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends; this includes an understanding of the impact of climactic conditions on the agricultural market (if there are agric clients in the portfolio).
- A thorough knowledge of multi-level products available to commercial banking customers (features & benefits) and pricing structures.
- A good knowledge of financial investment options, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
- Good knowledge of Banking product offerings.
- A good knowledge of competitor offerings and structures.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Credit principles and practices, including an understanding of credit application, securities and balance sheet requirements.
- A strong working knowledge of the terms and conditions of multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships etc.) in the commercial market and the legislative restrictions & requirements governing these from a financial services perspective.
- Sound understanding of current taxation laws as they apply to the portfolio of customers.
- Negotiation skills.
- A good working knowledge of administration processes and procedures pertaining to Commercial Banking transactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.