Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.Client satisfaction is absolutely central to our continued growth and success, and our Corporate Coverage division drives and protects this essential business function within Standard Bank. As a motivated and talented Client Coverage Manager. We want you to work closely with our key clients, helping them to optimise financial performance through the full range of standard bank services and products
Job Title: Sales Executive
Job ID: 12612
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
The State Executive (SE) is responsible for business development within the state and for executing marketing strategy developed in conjunction with Regional Managers on a day to day basis. The SE is to deliver service to clients, for client acquisition and retention, relationship management, presence across the state and for competition watch. The primary focus of SEs and SRs is the public sector market due to the minimal private sector opportunity in states outside the 3 commercial nerves – centers of the country (i.e. Lagos, Abuja and PH).
Key Responsibilities/Key Result Areas:
The SE has responsibilities to the following key stakeholder groups:
Initiating new business prospect by:
- Sending proposals to prospective organizations.
- Following up with organizations to establish date for presentation.
- Ensure that all Pencom guidelines and regulations are adhered to prevent the company from sanctions or reprimand.
- Ensure dissemination of relevant communication to BD staff within the state
- Provide feedback to assist in strategic decision making.
- Making presentation to prospective clients.
- Signing up prospective RSA clients.
- Ensure that Company policy and guidelines are strictly adhered to.
- Marketing of the ‘Approved Scheme’ to organizations.
- Ensure implementation of marketing strategy within the state
Reporting to line Manager by sending in:
- Weekly report.
- Variance report.
- Preparing Call Memos.
- Provide continuous marketing feedback
- Provides competition watch feedback
- Performance review in conjunction with Regional Manager/Supervisor
- Provide continuous feedback on client requests/complaints
- Transport and telephone allowance retirement
- Collation and forwarding of contribution schedules
- Handles new Admin Officers and Agents orientation
- Oversees activities of Admin officers and micro managers
- Supervising, training and agency co-ordination
- Contribution Schedule generation
- Marketing Presentations
Keeping sustainable Relationship with RSA clients by:
- Providing clients with up to date information on their RSA balance.
- Attending to clients’ enquiries, issues and complaints.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree
- Excellent understanding of Stanbic IBTC Pensions operations, products and services
- Excellent use of MS Office Applications, and other Technology based tools
- Knowledge of the terrain
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent understanding of the provisions of the Pension Reform Act and Guidelines issued by the National Pension Commission.
Key Performance Measures
- Achieving 50% of RSA Sales Monthly Target (as determined by Regional Managers)
- Timely submission of weekly reports- Sales & Variances
- Facilitation of Customer Forum/Interactive Session (at least 5 per quarter).
- Customer relationship management
- Meeting Deadlines
- Agency Recruitment & Management (including retention)
- Knowledge of terrain.
- State Pensions’ relationship management & sign up
- Conduct marketing presentations on demand
- Quarterly Agency training
- 100% Compliance with PRA 2004 and Pencom guidelines and regulations
- Zero Outstanding contribution schedules, TRSAs & No Value schedules
- Preparation of 10 marketing proposals per month.
- New lead generation (at least 10 per month)
- Passionate about marketing
- Sociable, good interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Fluent in local language.
- Presentation skills
- Preferably an indigene
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self Starter, willing to work with little supervision
- Creative and innovative.
- Flair for Personal Development & Learning.
- Experience in marketing FMCGs
- Experience in supervising and leading teams
- Experience in pension fund administration
- Internal: State Representative, other State Executives, Administrative Officer, IPML Business Development team members, Regional Supervisor, Regional Manager, Head National Sales, Head Business Development, RSA clients, branch BDM and Staffs
- External: NULGE, NUT, key public sector officials, bureau or CPS committees, Heads of State and Federal MDAs, Pension Desk Officers in State and Federal MDAs, Chambers of Commerce.
Problem Solving, Planning and Decision Making
- Required to use initiative, be creative and innovative in delivering solutions to customers
- Required to be proactive and innovative in countering competition challenges e.u unethical requests
- Prompt forwarding of clients 3rd party documents to IPML documentary evidence.
- Printing of RSA Statements to walk – in clients.
- Printing of Welcome letters to walk –in- clients.
- Relating to IPML Customer care on issues of clients’ double PINs and change of data. Retiree application.
- Marketing Strategy to be reviewed quarterly
- Daily – Weekly meetings with state BDU staff
- Daily – Weekly meetings with Admin Officers and Customer Service Staff
- State- specific plan for CPS participation and registration.
- Succession planning.
- Customer forum in the states.
- Voluntary contribution plan.
- Transfer window plan.
- Focused on increasing company’s market share
- Impact on customer care delivery.
- Effective allocation of company resources.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should
Deadline: 8th May, 2014