Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Work with Standard Bank and join a dynamic team of professionals proud to be voted the Best Bank in Africa for three years running. Our core values of service and innovation are at the heart of our business, and our global workforce benefits from our unique culture of empowerment and independence, enabling us to maintain competitive advantage in the world’s premier financial markets
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Treasury Accountant
Job ID: 12672
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
To provide a routine product reporting on income statement and balance sheet and reconciliation function within the Product Control Division of Global Markets Finance
- Daily calculation of P&L, utilising market data from Market Risk and Deal Data from front end dealing system and Core Banking System.
- Daily reconciliation of the P&L and product balance sheet between front office dealing systems, core banking systems, general ledger and dealers, utilising market data from Market Risk and Deal Data from front end dealing system and Core Banking System.
- Daily reporting, analyses and investigation of P&L and product balance sheet.
- Investigation and resolution of daily P&L and balance sheet variances.
- Preparation of periodic P&L and balance sheet summaries/analyses.
- Liaison with all front office related areas (recons, front-office, back office and market risk).
- Internal client liaison.
- Ad-hoc assignments, projects and systems work.
- Design relevant business processes and system deliverables to implement new products and systems according to Global Markets Financial Control requirements.
Key performance measures
- Resolution of outstanding items within the set deadline
- Reporting of month-end intercompany balances before 12 noon of first working day of the new month.
- Daily advice of accurate trade settlement before 9am.
- Timely reporting and resolution of all general ledger differences
- Timely remittances of statutory obligations
- Ensuring that all relevant financial information is updated on a daily basis for prompt financial decision.
- Group Finance is a corporate function that serves the overall Standard Bank group across a variety of accounting disciplines – internal and external reporting, budgeting and planning, tax, technical accounting and investor relations. It also runs the bank’s capital management and regulatory reporting teams and the financial shared services processing centre. Group Finance has its own, dedicated SAP technical support and development team and a new financial systems and process improvement programme team known as Refine.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Finance/Accounting Degree, ACA, ACCA, CFA or any other relevant financial degree.
At least 7 years’ experience working in product control or similar environment (finance or risk support role would be sufficient)
- A good understanding of financial instruments
- A clear understanding of Accounting for financial instruments.
- Knowledge of Calypso software
- Communication skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Quick learner
- Sound interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to deal with conflict effectively
- Query solving
- Attention to detail
We are an equal opportunities employer and are totally opposed to discrimination in any form. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of race, sex, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital / partnership status, religion, age or disability.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2014
Interested candidates should