Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, CDD – Commercial Banking
Job ID: 496725
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Function: Commercial Clients
Job type: Full time
Review Customer Due Diligence Periodic Review conducted by Analyst, CDD Commercial Clients and ensures 100% compliance and zero over dues.
- Ensure Maintenance of a healthy business environment through strict Compliance with AML and CRM standards, as defined by the Group and Local Regulatory Authorities
Supports the Senior Manager, CDD Commercial Clients in:
Planning and Design:
- Detailed understanding of technology solutions relevant to the E2E procedures, identify any gaps and design process to supplement.
- Balance compliance and customer centric solutions when design call scripts, confirmation letters, contact models.
- Localise global process documentation to meet local regulatory requirements and operational nuances.
- Develop in-country quality implementation plans and quality framework
- Identify issues, escalate and solve them early.
- Train compliance execution teams.
- Set up premises, PC, equipment, user access.
- Pass Readiness and Quality Certification before full launch.
- Manage compliance execution team
- Ensure that quality data and documents are updated in e-CDD and quality Periodic Review is conducted.
- Integrate new compliance requirements as they occur such as FATCA to minimize needs of multiple efforts by bank staff or customer contacts.
- Have clear oversight all exceptional case handling that emerges during the review process.
Quality and Monitoring:
- Reconciliation of completed cases (Periodic Review and NTB accounts)
Case Review / Approval:
- Ensure all cases reviewed are 100% accurate and complete in updated customer CDD data and documents and captured accordingly into e-CDD according to AML/CDD procedures.
- Client: Occasional customer contact.
- For: Confirm/ obtain customer data/ documents to complete case review.
- Senior Manager, CDD, Commercial Clients.
- Analyst, CDD Commercial Clients.
- For: Receiving guidelines for daily work as a direct report.
- Any queries on cases submitted by these parties.
RM/ Sales Support.
- FCR, Ops Risk.
- Africa ECDD Project Mangers
- ECDD Quality Assurance Managers
- GSCC Manager, Account Services
- For: Answering queries from these parties.
- Seeking clarification with these authorities on unclear areas of the procedures.
Job Title: eCDD Officer – Commercial Banking
Job ID: 496734
Job Function: Commercial Clients
Job type: Full time
- To verify that all work scanned through eOPS meets the CDD requirements for CC account opening and static data amendment policy and that it complies with the group Money laundering Prevention policy by ensuring :
- All accounts and static data amendments under CC, to be effected in Transaction Posting System (TPS) Ebbs and e-CDD are subjected to full CDD verification.
- Compliance with Commercial Client AML/ CDD guidelines.
- Conformity with Local and Group CDD standards.
- Quality of data in e-CDD is in agreement with source documents.
- Review and verify before forwarding customer instructions to the hub before the cut of time.
- Ensure that the scanned work is duly approved by authorized signatories.
- Ensure documents scanned are legible & adequately completed.
- Ensure all supporting documents are sent alongside applications.
- Ensure to provide accurate MIS information for Rejects and defectives report.
- Return any document to RP (RM, ARM & BSO) that fail to meet requirements
- Handling of routine correspondence and resolution of queries from the CC Team.
- Undertake all e-learning modules within agreed time frame
- Ensure implementation and monitor compliance in relation to Money Laundering Prevention as specified by Group Policy & Standards and local regulations
- Ensure all NTB accounts information, static data amendments are correctly captured in eCDD application with NIL errors.
- Any other duty assigned to you by the Line manager.
- All Branches: Branch Manager, Customer Service & Support Managers,(all spokes)and departmental heads Manager IT/GTSD
- Manager Data Centre
- Service Line
- ITSC Chennai
- Head service quality
- SME UORM
- eCDD Quality Assurance Manager
- Effective operational risk management
- Quality service delivery
- Proper cost controls.
Know how and Experience:
- University Degree
- Adequate knowledge of operational procedures and banking operations
- Other PC skills especially the MSOffice applications.
Job Title: Team Lead, CDD Analyst – Commercial Banking
Job ID: 496728
Full/Part Time: Full time
- To provide clerical support to CC business primarily to capture CDD customer data and digitizing respective documents accordingly to AML/CDD procedures.
- Ensure Maintenance of a healthy business environment through strict Compliance with AML and CRM standards, as defined by the Group and Local Regulatory Authorities.
Handle cases assigned by supervisor according to processing turnaround and quality standards. Some of the tasks covers the following:
- Retrieve cases assigned and keep productivity log updated on completion status.
- Review data, document and system consistency based on guidelines.
- Demonstrated previous work experience where it is required to be detailed and meticulous.
- Awareness and knowledge on protecting confidential customer data.
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to supervisor.
- To directly liaise with client to obtain/verify required CDD data / documents.
- Liaise with L&C for clarity on issues that require their input
- To capture accurate CDD information/ documents into e-CDD and other required systems accordingly to AML/CDD procedures.
- Perform internal QA after cases have been approved.
- Shredding of documents after retention period is over.
- Achieve processing turnaround and quality standards.
- Achieve zero CDD over dues.
- In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme.
- A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.