Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, etc. We offer professionals, opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions:
State Project Officer in either Jigawa, Kebbi, Katsina and Zamfara
- Responsible for project implementation under the supervision of the project manager.
- Coordinate project activities at state level
- Conduct advocacy activities to ensure project acceptance in states and project LGAs
- Provide technical assistance to CBOs and CBD Agents
- Participate in monthly outreach and project review meetings
- Conduct training and mentoring activities for CBOs
- Monitoring of project activities in LGAs
- Coordinate distribution of commodities to CBOs for use at the grass root
- Collect and collate relevant data from the communities
- Handle logistic arrangement for the trainings, meetings and advocacy at the state level.
- Facilitate state level meetings with CBOs, CBD Agents and stakeholders
- Design and implement a system of monitoring of project activities that ensures the achievement of project outputs and outcomes.
- Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in programme, activities and reports
A Degree in Social Sciences with at least 5 years post National Youth Service experience, which must include at least 2 years in RH programming, social marketing and sub granting. Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs with the Nigeria public sector, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders. An MPH is an added advantage. Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before May 29th,2014.Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email .Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as for three professional referees ( i.e.from present and former employers). For every agency or organization that you have worked for please indicate the name of your supervisor, his/her functional email address and functional telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).