Aftermarket Support Engineer At GE Oil & Gas
A Design Engineer within the Aftermarket Engineering team with a proven track record and experience in the Aftermarket Repair, maintenance, conversion / modification and testing requirements of Subsea Production and Intervention equipment.
– Interpret customer proposals and statement of requirements, through to final product design, build and test.
– Ensure that equipment is reworked / refurbished in accordance with current Industry legislation.
– Review/disposition survey reports.
– Communicate with client representative on repair, detail design, test procedures, test equipment, technical data, maintenance, spares and alternate parts/assemblies.
– Write Operating Service Procedures (OSP’s) for Field Service Manuals ensuring compliance with current best practices and ‘lessons-learned’ from previous projects.
– Write and approve design verification packages for products/equipment to industry design codes and standards (API, NACE, ASME, ISO)
– Work closely with Project management to prepare detailed quotations for engineering and workshop operations.
– Provide engineering support to internal teams – Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Project Management/Business Team and external suppliers.
– Write and approve Operating Maintenance Procedures (OMP), Site Integration Test (SIT) and Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) procedures for Subsea equipment.
– Check and approve rework layout and detail drawings.
– Technical interface between company and client for ‘face to face’ project meetings..
– Liaise with Sales and Manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required
– BEng Hons Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
– Fully proficient with ePIMS database
– Strong knowledge of materials, welding and heat treatment.
– Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and design codes.
– Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
– An excellent communicator and have strong leadership skills.
– Desire to provide world class service to customers by aligning global teams under the service platform.
Special Skills required
– Pro/Engineer experience.
– Working knowledge of ASME drafting standards.
– Knowledge of GD&T.
– Manufacturing processes.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Desired Characteristics: Knowledge and experience pertaining to the following would be advantageous:
– Strong SSPE, SWE, CDE & SSWE product line knowledge.
– Offshore Operational activities relating to product deployment and intervention.
– Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processes
– Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.