Sustainable Healthcare International (SHI) is a non-governmental organisation that focuses on strengthening mechanisms that promote sustainable healthcare in Nigeria. Our areas of core strength are in:
- Supply Chain Management,
- Behaviour Change Communication,
- Monitoring and Evaluation,
- Procurement and Warehousing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Consultant
Location: Sokoto, Benue, Imo Lagos, Kano, Nassarawa, Cross River, Oyo Kaduna, Abia, Rivers, FCT Anambra and Akwa Ibom
Reporting operationally to: The Project Manager.
Slot: 2 Candidates in each States
The Nigeria Supply Chain Integration project, which is funded by the Global Fund, is designed to improve patient access and availability of medicines – through visibility, control and efficient Last Mile delivery. The project will also ensure a tighter integration of National health commodities supply chains between Federal & State, Donors, Public & Private Sector, and across commodities – HIV, Malaria, TB and by platform extension to Family Planning and Vaccines.
i+ consortium, which comprises international and local organizations, will be responsible for the establishment of functional Logistics Management units at state level and deployment of Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) tools.
The consortium will be supporting the National Product Supply Chain Management Program (NPSCMP) within the Food and Drugs Services Department (FDS) of the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) in achieving its set objectives of having a streamlined, cost effective and ultimately more sustainable National Pharmaceutical Supply Chain.
- The consultant(s) will be embedded and provide technical support to the focal states in the strengthening of the Logistics Management Coordination Unit (LMCU) and the improvement of Logistics Information in the fourteen (14) pilots states namely; Sokoto, Benue, Imo, Lagos, Kano, Nassarawa, Cross-River, Oyo, Kaduna, Abia, Rivers, FCT, Anambra and Akwa-Ibom States. This consultancy is for a minimum period of 9 months; which is renewable as per funding.
- Support in the coordination of supply chain activities at state level
- Work with consortium partners to ensure successful implementation of project work plans at state level.
- Responsible for the provision of accurate and timely state level logistics data for health programs
- Participate in supply chain meetings at state level and report meeting outcomes including relevant action points
- Conduct assessments and identify opportunities to drive supply chain improvement at state level
- Contribute to routine reports for state level project activities
- Support the state logistics management unit in implementing a standardized Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) for data collection, collation, anaysis, dissemination, and timely decision making.
- Monitor, track and document supply chain indicators based on monitoring framework at state level
- Participate in state monitoring and supervision activities
- Support in the deployment of capacity building interventions, not limited to training, coaching, mentoring, designed to build state LMCU capability to conduct audits, lead operational improvements, educate and train facility staff, collate data, provide reports, apply better inventory techniques and manage performance.
- Support the State Ministry of health (SMoH) to strengthen the Logistics Management Coordination Unit (LMCU) and ensuring coordination across health programs and capacity building of LMCU personnel.
- Responsible for the timely receipt and processing of routine reports which is not limited to monthly LMIS data, coordination report, stock status report, forecasting & quantification reports/reviews.
- Collaborate with relevant partners and state government in supply chain activities with a focus on integration across health programs
- Facilitate the coordination of state Logistics management unit activities with National Product Supply Chain Management Program (NPSCMP) of the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) ensuring visibility.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills/Knowledge and Qualification
- Bachelor in Health and/or Management-related Degree.
- 3- 4 years of professional experience in Health Programs and/or Supply-chain industry, preferably in Supply Chain Management for medical supplies.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting activities at state level related to supply chain especially with the state ministry of health (SMoH)
- A Master’s in Supply Chain Management or Management related programme would be an added advantage.
- Able to work both independently and in a team.
- Have a good sense of setting priorities, discipline and meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to undertake travels within the states and Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a One (1) page cove letter and Resume as one documents to:[email protected] with preferred state of choice as the subject (e.g) KADUNA STATE LMIS/LMCU Consultant
- Candidate with more than one application will be disqualified.
- Only electronic applications will be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
Application Deadline 3rd December, 2015.